• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
5. snip Despite the fact he’s a top three or four prop in the game, all the talk was that Manly couldn’t wait to see the back of him.

It's an interesting one. On the one hand he was an absolute gun on the field but (if the above is to be believed) a problem off.

I was one of his biggest fans, very shocked & saddened to see him go.

It's an interesting one. On the one hand he was an absolute gun on the field but (if the above is to be believed) a problem off.

I was one of his biggest fans, very shocked & saddened to see him go.
I got the feeling also Manly happy to see him go, if they really wanted him he would still be here. Just because I player wants to leave but is under contract, club does not have to agree ( look at Storm and JAC)

Word going around the Warriors may end up back at Terrigal next season rather than at Redcliffe,so I wonder if that suits AFB’s need to get out of Sydney?

I was looking at the comments on manly's Instagram post about Foran coming back and Fonua - Blake said " Farewell to yous aswell " with all these laughing emoji's and Albert Hopoate liked his comment and he was also having a go at people who replied to his comment. Seriously Fonua -Blake is just a flop
His wife has replied to him on that post “delete it now”
Dont know what to read into that

Strange one with A F B , certainly was not a money issue with his reported upgrade at Manly. Concerned with his location environment or situation in western Sydney ? , always the alternative to move to the northern beaches , not so much a reflection on what either area has to offer but the more advantageous and settled arrangement of closer to training and so on . Bit of a disruptive influence in the team ? hardly would seem of a real serious nature and not one that could not be managed . Just wanting a change in general ? Maybe , but still quite a drastic action to take it to the extent of actually wanting out of a club where he hardly has seemed on the outer and was one of the top tier players . Manly gave him the opportunity to redeem his footy career and they did have some consistent standards at the time after they knocked back Zane Tetevano from the Knights . Anyway it is done now , not easy to initially replace , be more inclined at present to look to Jake and Haumole to prop roles for next season to fill the void and keep Manly more then competitive there .

Manly gave him the opportunity to redeem his footy career and they did have some consistent standards at the time after they knocked back Zane Tetevano from the Knights
Not quite right, he was charged with DV offences and pleaded not guilty, but we ditched him after he changed his pleas to guilty. He was going to be de-registered anyway. Chooks signed him a few years later after he had served his punishment, just as we did with AFB.

I'm sure the truth about Aladdin's departure will come out eventually. There has to be a lot more to it than the club said. Coming out with that strange media release citing the player's desire to get out of Sydney; the stipulation that any move would have to be to a non-Sydney club; the speed at which the Worriers found the money to sign him; the non-disclosure of "appropriate compensation" to Manly....
It all smells of a PR cover-up.
Obviously the club doesn't feel that we fans can handle the truth.

Makes him hard to replace as well. MAN could really struggle if we don't have an Alpha. I do NOT think Jake has it in him, to much of a nice guy same with Kapow. It's a worry.
I think young Mole could become a great alpha male enforcer type ..... if he doesn't become a target for refs wanting to carve notches in their guns, whistles, and if he doesn't end up like his soul brother Manase .... he is another gangsta

I'm sure the truth about Aladdin's departure will come out eventually. There has to be a lot more to it than the club said. Coming out with that strange media release citing the player's desire to get out of Sydney; the stipulation that any move would have to be to a non-Sydney club; the speed at which the Worriers found the money to sign him; the non-disclosure of "appropriate compensation" to Manly....

The truth is that Brown got into his ear, they formulated a plan to make him available, that come together and they had an offer to him as soon as he had approval

Reading more of his stuff this morning on social media, the guy is an absolute flop

No doubt there was collusion between AFB and the Warriors, but were hamstrung by his two year extension with us, so they concocted this bull$hit story about wanting to leave Sydney.
We all know it's crap, Manly knows it's crap, but in reality i think our management is glad to see him go, he's a loose cannon at times and speaks before he thinks, also he is on a contract upgrade for next year and the year after for around 850k which the Warriors will gladly accommodate and give us some salary cap relief to chase players in other positions, not to mention the 100k in compensation, so it's a win win.

Who cares really he is a slob..the new game will leave him behind struggling next year and injury prone and we dont have to worry about it lol

Speaking of salary cap matters , surely has to be some serious thought on how to get some better value out of Jake and for his 900 k plus contract , Almost on J T "s [ Taumalolo ] at the Cows money but on this year's indications and no disrespect for the great warrior but probably providing more like a 500 k performance level player . Has natural strength and quite good mobility but not a line breaker at 13 , not sure if he can offer any better value on an edge [ although his younger brother Ben may go all right there next season ] Maybe to go to the role of a forward leader at prop with a high work rate , reasonable go forward and to keep some stability in the middle .

The truth is that Brown got into his ear, they formulated a plan to make him available, that come together and they had an offer to him as soon as he had approval

Reading more of his stuff this morning on social media, the guy is an absolute flop

I am having serious difficulty seeing Nathan Brown and AFB as soul mates ... or even holding a 5 min conversation with each other ..

To be honest I found (MIA)FB hard to like.

Beast of a forward, but in the modern fast game with all the tall towers in the backs and agile quick forwards he might be nullified somewhat.

See ya!

NYEagle

I was looking at the comments on manly's Instagram post about Foran coming back and Fonua - Blake said " Farewell to yous aswell " with all these laughing emoji's and Albert Hopoate liked his comment and he was also having a go at people who replied to his comment. Seriously Fonua -Blake is just a flop
Dont really know what to make of those comments and "likes"... does it even make sense?

To be honest I found (MIA)FB hard to like.

Beast of a forward, but in the modern fast game with all the tall towers in the backs and agile quick forwards he might be nullified somewhat.

See ya!

NYEagle
Not sure why people think the “new rules” or “fast game” is going to nullify big forwards.Firstly,no one knows if those rules are going to be in play next year,probably will be but there will be tweaks.Secondly,the Storm,for example,have some of the biggest forwards to ever play the game and they don’t seem to have a problem.AFB will be just fine with any rules,if he stays healthy physically and mentally,of course

AFB always busted his guts and served us well on the field. I am grateful for the time he played for us. But I guess it's true that the game has shifted into another gear and as some have suggested that it does not suit AFBs style of play. I think that he's still a weapon if he gets his fitness levels up on the off season. He's a wrecking ball and you need players like that on your side to rattle the defences. He's also got great footwork. I think he'll do well for the Warriors.

Little doubt he will be a force on-field. The questions are more about his influence behind the scenes. He should help the Warriors become a major player for a year or two, but long term, probably have to wait and see.

Ok, if AFB was on $850K this year how much is Marty on? People were discussing releasing Kapow recently for salary cap relief but he can't be on $850K or more surely.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4