• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with this one! Not just for AFB but also Manase etc. We were pushing up and supporting through the middle a lot during the start of the season but haven't as much recently. Whether that is due to the ruck speed slowing down etc, I'm not sure!

Agree completely - when we put big scores on teams we support the ball carrier up the middle on both sides. We’ve been dieing with the ball too often with no one within cooee. Our line breaks seem to occur more in the middle 3rd possibly because we lack genuine pace out wide .

To have the slightest hope to compete into the Finals is to work off the dominance in the middle, particularly AFB, Kapow, Jake and Fainu - who can all offload in traffic and this is where on every carry need runners inside and out....Elliott and Walker are 2 likely candidates, maybe the speedy Garrick also.
Probably get burned at the stake for this, but Perrett as lazy as he can be, has the potential to unload up with the best and could well create opportunities in an attacking structure that can look pretty dour without Tommy.

The thing I notice about AFB and Taupau (this coming from a arm-chair expert that's never played the game) is that they don't APPEAR to be running full speed into the defence most hit-ups. MT slows down, at times changes direction and puts on a skip prior to contact. I could be wrong. AFB is hard to stop at the best of times. I wonder how much more damage he could do to the defensive line if he could wind up like Mark Carrol or Martin Lang.

AFB Is our strongest player , we need players moving up around him in support anticipating a pass around the back in order to break the line.

I have not seen players pushing up in support around AFB regularly
Except for Elliott. While he may make a break he'll **** it up....

The thing I notice about AFB and Taupau (this coming from a arm-chair expert that's never played the game) is that they don't APPEAR to be running full speed into the defence most hit-ups. MT slows down, at times changes direction and puts on a skip prior to contact. I could be wrong. AFB is hard to stop at the best of times. I wonder how much more damage he could do to the defensive line if he could wind up like Mark Carrol or Martin Lang.
Different parts of the field will effect this, where there is simply the hitup to bend the line and win a quick play, or the slow down option to position for an offload after impact.....at times when there is the looking to offload, the impression of the slower hitup will appear and agree....when done too often, are not using the raw power to intimidate and hurt the defenders and bend the line.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6