AFB - "I want to be here for the good times"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
What a difference a year makes as Fonua-Blake has gone on to have a breakout year for Des Hasler’s top four bound Sea Eagles.

The 23-year-old could command as much as $700,000 if he came on to the open market now.

Fonua-Blake, who was slammed for taunting Raiders fans after Manly’s victory on the weekend, has joined the elite front-rowers in the competition including big money-earners David Klemmer, Matt Lodge, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Jesse Bromwich, who he will face on Saturday night.

Regardless of the money he has cost himself, Fonua-Blake has the opportunity to become one of the best front-rowers in the game by the time his next contract talks come around.

However the club’s focus re-signing the Trbojevic brothers could affect Fonua-Blake’s future earnings at the club.

“I’m pretty comfortable with what I signed for,’’ Fonua-Blake told the Herald.

“Dessie and my manager had a big talk about my future. There was some outside interest.

“I could have negotiated with other clubs on November 1 [this year], but I told my manager I wanted to stay, just because when you’re with a club and you go through the tough times, and then seeing how good we’re going this year, it makes you think, ‘What if we can be better again?’

“I’ve been here for the hard times, now I want to be here for the good times. Hopefully they’re not too far away. This time last year everyone was starting to plan their holidays. I couldn’t book much because of the Tongan Test.

“Fast forward 12 months and here we are, in the top four, and everyone is having fun.’’

Thommo, AFB, walker, Taufua, The T bros all taking unders to stay. This speaks volumes about the culture Des has created. We will be able to keep more players for less $ and if needed we will be an attractive option for future signings too. It's all about playing for your mates and there is no greater satisfaction than lifting the trophy winning a premiership with those mates. Des is creating another Dynasty!!! Go you good things

Thommo, AFB, walker, Taufua, The T bros all taking unders to stay. This speaks volumes about the culture Des has created. We will be able to keep more players for less $ and if needed we will be an attractive option for future signings too. It's all about playing for your mates and there is no greater satisfaction than lifting the trophy winning a premiership with those mates. Des is creating another Dynasty!!! Go you good things

It’s 2006-7 all over again!!

Good times eh ??!!

One thing is for sure, AFB is

giphy.gif

What a difference a year makes as Fonua-Blake has gone on to have a breakout year for Des Hasler’s top four bound Sea Eagles.

The 23-year-old could command as much as $700,000 if he came on to the open market now.

Fonua-Blake, who was slammed for taunting Raiders fans after Manly’s victory on the weekend, has joined the elite front-rowers in the competition including big money-earners David Klemmer, Matt Lodge, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Jesse Bromwich, who he will face on Saturday night.

Regardless of the money he has cost himself, Fonua-Blake has the opportunity to become one of the best front-rowers in the game by the time his next contract talks come around.

However the club’s focus re-signing the Trbojevic brothers could affect Fonua-Blake’s future earnings at the club.

“I’m pretty comfortable with what I signed for,’’ Fonua-Blake told the Herald.

“Dessie and my manager had a big talk about my future. There was some outside interest.

“I could have negotiated with other clubs on November 1 [this year], but I told my manager I wanted to stay, just because when you’re with a club and you go through the tough times, and then seeing how good we’re going this year, it makes you think, ‘What if we can be better again?’

“I’ve been here for the hard times, now I want to be here for the good times. Hopefully they’re not too far away. This time last year everyone was starting to plan their holidays. I couldn’t book much because of the Tongan Test.

“Fast forward 12 months and here we are, in the top four, and everyone is having fun.’’

a2370043427_16.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7