add another to the banned from MSE list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
ME lol

Their Freeckin Loss , they can go and well and truley get stuffed,
They want fans to support their club and they do this, i was going to get membership etc. now I will get austar instead

Quote:
Your Online Fans Account has been suspended due to too many accrude demerit points. Below is a table that outlines the infringements and when the demerit points expire.

Please note the terms and conditions are clearly state what is acceptable on the Website Forum. That the club will not respond any further to comments regarding these infringements.

Infringement Forum Expiry Date Demerit Points

URL Breach - Posting of other sites URL

View

Points Remaining

Question: Did you advertise other sites? If you did then I have no problem with your exclusion. If you didn't then you have a geniune grievance.

MSE have enforced a set of rules, they may be not to everyone's liking but it is their site and they are entitled to set the rules as they see fit. The penalties have been well advertised. As long as they are consistent with the enforcement it is difficult to be critical.

To carry on like a spoilt child who just had his favourite toy taken away as a punishment is somewhat undignified and threats of not taking out a membership because of a banning is extremley immature. The next time I get a speeding fine I am going to complain to the court that I will not be renewing my drivers licence, that will really really upset the NSW Government and I would expect that they will come crawling back to me begging me to renew my licence!

I dont see why I was banned though. Something about an innapropriate username, I had that name from day 1 of that site, before that rule came into place and there is NO rule about advertising other sites via your username, only in forum posts!

They should re-word their rules if they want to get it to say what they mean

It's time we forgot about getting upset about the bannings at MSE. It is the club's official site and the club has the right to administer it as they like - to their loss though!!!

Personally I think the forum is sadly policed with stupid rules reflecting a certain paranoia etc. My response is to hardly visit there and to get on with reading here and at White Striped supporters as there is freedom to say what you really think rather than having to politically sanitise everything that was said.

To be critical of the official Manly forum is seen as sour grapes due to past history and interpreted by some as disloyalty to the club.

I would even read and post on the Rocker'f forum except that it seems that my invovlement here over a few years now has made a persona non gratis over there as well!!!

i feel the most ripped off hahahaha

I didn't advertise any other site, i didn't critisize any other poster, i didn't even swear all i said )and i've sed it b4) was : "the bronco's look like metrosexuals in their jersey" and hahahahah gooone

i got banned from mse after my 1st post ,during that ryan debacle of a couple of weeks ago.
all i did was mention how hypocritical some of the mse posters are !.
there surely is something strange going on over there!!.

BE you knew you were pushing it, so i'm not surprised.

It is a shame for you though, as you do generally support all sites.

BE is this you ;)

manly fan that can post everywhere

If it is not BE then whoever is posting under that name will be banned as soon as they start monitoring MSE again.

No arguement that the idiots need to be banned from MSE and other sites but there criteria does seem a little bit harsh and if they don't relax it a bit then there wont be many people left to post on it.

I'm with Corso Pete on this one. From what I'm told there was a fair bit of advertising of another site going on, and the ramifications for doing that have been plain for some time.

Personally I am beginning to have no problem with how the MSE site is policed. There seems to be a consistency, little bias anymore and a lot of the nonsense stuff has been shut down which is a good thing.

There may be a proliferation of peurile or innane posts, but the site has to cater for the casual visitor and I don't think peurile reflects as badly on the club as some of the Oracle style nonsense that used to hold sway.

Yeah I'm with Pete & Mata - the rules are the rules and they are policing them strongley. The forum in the past was at times an embarassment to the club, most NRL clubs don't have forums etc

BE you knew you were pushing it, so i'm not surprised.

It is a shame for you though, as you do generally support all sites.

been at work and just logged on so went to whitestripes and now here
I suppose i did push it a bit , but I havent been back and I dont think I will bother goin back there as you canot have freedom of speech there anymore, and any info that is on the MSE website is all 2nd news any way there allready been people banned for being critical,and Pete I still may become a member but then again they will survive weather i do or dont,

BE I wouldn't be surprised if many don't renew there memberships.

Whether certain supporters want to believe it or not the club seems to be distancing themselves from the supporters more and more. Will these supporters feel a bond they once had with the club no longer exists?

At the end of the day the club can make there own decisions if they feel there contemptuous stance toward the supporters pay dividends.

btw, I'm not advocating not becoming a member.

BE I wouldn't be surprised if many don't renew there memberships.

Whether certain supporters want to believe it or not the club seems to be distancing themselves from the supporters more and more. Will these supporters feel a bond they once had with the club no longer exists?

At the end of the day the club can make there own decisions if they feel there contemptuous stance toward the supporters pay dividends.

btw, I'm not advocating not becoming a member.

I just had a look and there are still posts up with links in them.where is the consistancy even little things said in signatures that are still visible,
each to his own I guess,
btw have you been back to LU at either

I noticed that as well, I noticed Matt is getting away with it. Very strange indeed.

No I havent been back to LU. I post on Rleague instead. It is much better.

I havent been to LU for some time,
Rleague seems to be quite good as variety
Ill have here
whitestripes
and rockers to visit for Manly news, as MSE is all 2nd news anyway
and my local sites for illawarra league, so I wont really miss Mse anyway

Hi Corso - I don't think the feeling of not wanting to renew a membership is being immature or acting like a spoilt brat at all mate. I think it has something more to do with a feeling of alienation from the club. One needs to feel as though they are part of "the community" of like minded and goal oriented supporters / players / management team - being Manly.
In my opinion, the management style of our team tends and trends toward building "siloism" (example:- us as a competitor, rather than a vehicle for greater exposure to sponsors / memberships / sales etc).
The problem is "in my opinion", that the site is mantained and managed by X - footballers, and Aaron. The site needs to run like a business in itself. Businesses need networking amongst its customers, it needs best practices. It needs open mindedness. It needs innovation. The site needs people with Business experience and qualifications. What good does it do to alienate those that could provide cash flow to their business year in year out? What would Max Delmege think if he knew Aaron, Zorba & Saunders are restricting cash flow by alienating paying members? (This is my opinion only).
Fans are fickle in this day and age. It's very easy for someone to say, Manly has canned me, I'll support the Roosters. It may look childish or may look like the workings of a spoilt brat, but it's reality whether we like it or not.
Think about it like this. Every fan that doesn't renew their membership is another $80+ Max Delmege or other sponsors etc have to fork out of their own pockets to alleviate the cashflow shortfall of these lost memberships to maintain the club.
Does the administrators of the site realise this, or are things a lot more simple in their eyes?

For the record - I have been banned, and I will be renewing / upgrading my membership. I do this for the team I love. I DO NOT do it for Peter Peters, Bob Saunders or Aaron.

Sorry - I would also wonder how these administrators would feel if their I.P. addresses were banned from viewing THIS site without word as to why?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4