Adapting to the ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
The ref's were letting the teams move early from the 10m mark last night and lie all over the ruck. The Titans adapted to this and really used it to their advantage but we didn't. I've noticed before we seem to struggle to adapt to different interpretations?

We got pinged early a few times for A) leaving early and B) just plain offside. Maybe our guys were gun shy??

Caveat: I was watching the game on FoxSports... So whilst I can tell you what colour jocks most players were wearing, I can't tell if ANYONE was off side or not.

DO FOX NOT OWN ANY WIDE ANGLED LENS BLOODY CAMERAS OR WHAT???!!!??!

ads said:
The ref's were letting the teams move early from the 10m mark last night and lie all over the ruck. The Titans adapted to this and really used it to their advantage but we didn't. I've noticed before we seem to struggle to adapt to different interpretations?

A lot of our defence last year was built on hunting in a pack and really moving off the line quickly to get to, and rattle, the opposition. While this has been missing this year (tired inexperienced old etc.) the basic effectiveness of that style of defence requires all players to hold on the line before they shoot up - if you are penalised for being offside (and it would often appear that they were because of the speed and ferocity with which the forwards moved up and hit last year) you lose all the momentum that you gained in defence - you release the pressure valve.

I think some of that discipline in making sure they hold until the ball has been played is what makes us look slow and outplayed when we don't have the energy or intensity(evident last night) to shoot and hunt in a pack.

The ten metres was sloppy last night neither ref wanted to keep a straight line and the titans were about two or three steps ahead of the line shooting before the ball was played.

And how did two refs and two touch judges and Paul Mellor miss that forward pass?

NRL referees have decided the outcome of so many matches I can't mentioned them all, adapting to their interpretation is definitely a key to success.

^^ good points Top End Eagle....

Mebbe the Ref's only use narrow camera angles too??

.... and we are really, REALLY missing that intensity and dominance that last Year's defense had. I've always maintained that wins are built on defense, NOT attatck.... and we seem to be missing the hunger there ATM...

KOMORI said:
I can't tell if ANYONE was off side or not.

DO FOX NOT OWN ANY WIDE ANGLED LENS BLOODY CAMERAS OR WHAT???!!!??!

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4