Adam Cuthbertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hey guys,
Have seen a bit of Cuthbo in the last few weeks at the dragons and this is just what i think but i may be wrong,he seems as though he may not be enjoying his footy as much these days than when he was at manly,he was a local junior and grew up on the northern beaches,cant help to think he might feel a little dejected after we let him go and he signed with sharks then dragons,would it be worth considering bringing him back to manly at any point?thoughts?

pass. Des never had much faith in him, hence why we let him go so i don't think he'll be returning.

I saw a bit of him in the Dragons Tigers game and I thought he went pretty well, although I must admit I didn't see very much of the game.

It has been a while since we had a Cuthbo thread. I was expecting one to crop up!

Pass. We'll have more of a thought after we play them and go straight up the middle of their ordinary pack. I don't think Des had a high regard.

We'll see what he's made of in a couple of weeks down at the Gong. My prediction is that we'll run through them.

Brookvale said:
he's got 2 premiership rings from the bench/reggies.

No he hasnt , thats why he had a sook .. he missed the cut in 08 Des didnt pick him in the 18 that day. He reckons he should have got a spot because he helped them through out the year to get there..

Same thing happend to Travis Burns in 07 he didnt make the final 18 even though he played well through out the year..

Cambo said:
He looks fit and is doing well to make the first 17 at the queens

Injuries at the Saints helped him so did the players who got picked for city- country & SOO, he better cherish it.

I reckon he's doing well at the Dragons. The penny seems to have finally dropped about the level of dedication it takes to be a NRL player. I wouldn't have any dramas if we were in talks to get him back.

jjai said:
Brookvale said:

No he hasn't, that's why he had a sook .. he missed the cut in 08. Des didn't pick him in the 18 that day. He reckons he should have got a spot because he helped them through out the year to get there..

and he missed out on the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles grand final win the following year because Des recalled him to the Manly side that weekend.

Cuthbo did get a premiership ring in 08.
From memory, I read that the club gets about 20 rings, to distribute to whoever. The top 17 on GF day, cuthbo, Dessie and Zorba received one, not sure if there were more.

jjai said:
Brookvale said:

No he hasnt , thats why he had a sook .. he missed the cut in 08 Des didnt pick him in the 18 that day. He reckons he should have got a spot because he helped them through out the year to get there..

Same thing happend to Travis Burns in 07 he didnt make the final 18 even though he played well through out the year..

Cambo said:

Injuries at the Saints helped him so did the players who got picked for city- country & SOO, he better cherish it.

Interestingly he was one of those city-country players thanks to Freddy..

Rayreyray said:
jjai said:
Brookvale said:

Cambo said:

Interestingly he was one of those city-country players thanks to Freddy..

I didnt know that ray thanks i assumed he was in the shellharbour dragons squad & got a call up when all the other players got picked, i didnt watch that game so i didnt know..

Blake said:
Cuthbo did get a premiership ring in 08.
From memory, I read that the club gets about 20 rings, to distribute to whoever. The top 17 on GF day, cuthbo, Dessie and Zorba received one, not sure if there were more.

no he didnt.. work it out 1st 18 included in that is the emregency player which he wasnt , that leaves only 2 delmege & des..

Hoppas going but we still have Robbo, Wolfman and Oldfield. We're pretty good for wingers so that's a no from me.

I must say though, Cuthbo is looking a lot more svelte these days.

In that case Luke Williamson would definitely have been one of the players, who missed the 08 GF, that picked up a ring.

"ordinary pack" DSM5'

I hate them as much as anyone but they concede 10 points a game which is unbelieveable.Their first half defence has never been matched since NRL kicked off.Thurston attacked them all day a few weeks ago and never looked likely to get over the line.He has killed most sides this year.Like your optimism but give me ordinary any time if they are ordinary.

I said the same this time last year and got howled down and they won in a canter.With injury luck they are certianties to win the comp IMO with us and a full strength brisbane the only threats.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4