ACA tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still don't get why it is OK to advertise the odds for the match all the way through, but you cant advertise grog until after 830, or cancer sticks at all. 

I thought Finches tackle on Hopoate was more of a fix than ive seen in my life,but giving a penalty on your opponents 5m line makes no sense at all!

The Gronk link said:
I still don't get why it is OK to advertise the odds for the match all the way through, but you cant advertise grog until after 830, or cancer sticks at all. 
Yes you do - $$$. There came a point when the human cost of alcohol & tobacco became too much for governments to deny. Many many years later, they were forced to adopt more subtle advertising. Gambling has years of free reign in advertising to look forward to...

i liked the old smokes adverts when i was young ..i have seen a few of the old ones  recently geez they were tacky... the beer adverts were better when i was younger than now tooheys sports ones were the best .. i remember 2  a cricket one & manly , parra  game..

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185680.msg301198#msg301198 date=1286344419]
Yes you do - $$$. There came a point when the human cost of alcohol & tobacco became too much for governments to deny. Many many years later, they were forced to adopt more subtle advertising. Gambling has years of free reign in advertising to look forward to...
[/quote]

That is rubbish. Ross Gittens has quantified what we already knew. People who overeat, drink, smoke and do other unhealthy acts support the taxation system while they are alive and cost taxpayers less in the long run.
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/obesity-problem-is-bigger-than-we-think-despite-gdp-benefits-20101005-16630.html

Further, all the stats that declare with absolute certainty what the cost of a certain vice costs the community are fabrications at the absolute extreme end of the scale. Take the time, pick any figure put forward by health authorities and follow the figures to the bottom line. There are so many false assumptions and double counted costs it is a joke. Try it - I have.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286364663[/time]

And to stay on topic there will be huge ramifications out of this instance of attempted betting fraud.

jjai link said:
theres an article in todays paper looks like 5 more doggies are going to be questioned one of them was kimmorely.. it hasnt died yet ppl .. gallop just  silenced every1 by saying there`s  nothing (because some one in the media leaked out the info).. but apparently there is.. just look in todays tele.. 

The last 5 words

hahahaha

hey its apparently a parramatta player who put the bet on brad murray is his name picture  & article on msn  website..  never heard of him is he a fringe player or u20`s

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291270128[/time]

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185680.msg301197#msg301197 date=1286342836]
theres an article in todays paper looks like 5 more doggies are going to be questioned one of them was kimmorely.. it hasnt died yet ppl .. gallop just  silenced every1 by saying there`s  nothing (because some one in the media leaked out the info).. but apparently there is.. just look in todays tele.. 

The last 5 words

hahahaha
[/quote]lol jatz  ;D

I didn't see ACA but I saw 10 news and they showed video footage of Brad Murray who is currently in the Eels NRL squad in 2011. Last year he was an NYC player with the Roosters. He was placing a bet. The bet is alleged to have been on the penalty goal as first points in the Dogs V NQ game. They said he was the first person to place a bet on this bet type.

Everyone knows the links Murray has. This proves that the evidence is being gathered and that legal action is inevtable.

The police have to be careful in what they say to the media but this is ridiculous.

"Supt Katsogiannis said he was "optimistic" the investigation would uncover the truth behind the betting.

Supt Katsogiannis said the scandal "if true" risked eroding public confidence in all sports."

"If true?" When a grandmother phones a Darwin bookie trying to open an account for the first time and bet the limit on an option like first scoring play then I'm telling you it was fixed and plenty are involved.

Believe it Katsogiannis and Gallop, it is true!

Stand by...the **** will hit the fan next week...the cctv footage was just to stirthings up a little...

How about this quote from Gallop:

Asked for his reaction to Murray having been identified as the man in the footage, NRL chief executive David Gallop said: ''All I can say is it's a police matter, and as such it's difficult to make any comment. We're leaving it to the police at this stage...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/police-keen-to-speak-to-young-eels-halfback-as-investigation-continues-20101202-18i9a.html

It appears the NRL is adopting a new approach to 'police matters'...

ManlyBacker link said:
The police have to be careful in what they say to the media but this is ridiculous.

\"Supt Katsogiannis said he was \"optimistic\" the investigation would uncover the truth behind the betting.

Supt Katsogiannis said the scandal \"if true\" risked eroding public confidence in all sports.\"

\"If true?\" When a grandmother phones a Darwin bookie trying to open an account for the first time and bet the limit on an option like first scoring play then I'm telling you it was fixed and plenty are involved.

Not to mention a guy placing bets at five TABs on the same day in different clothes. The problem wasn't too many people knew, the problem was they were morons and didn't think anyone would notice huge amounts of money on a tiny option. Not that the police will have an easy time proving it if they keep their mouths shut.

MadMarcus link said:
How about this quote from Gallop:

Asked for his reaction to Murray having been identified as the man in the footage, NRL chief executive David Gallop said: ''All I can say is it's a police matter, and as such it's difficult to make any comment. We're leaving it to the police at this stage...
  He certainly didn't adopt that approach with Brett Stewart.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185680.msg308401#msg308401 date=1291320404]

\"Supt Katsogiannis said he was \"optimistic\" the investigation would uncover the truth behind the betting.

Supt Katsogiannis said the scandal \"if true\" risked eroding public confidence in all sports.\"

\"If true?\" When a grandmother phones a Darwin bookie trying to open an account for the first time and bet the limit on an option like first scoring play then I'm telling you it was fixed and plenty are involved.

Not to mention a guy placing bets at five TABs on the same day in different clothes. The problem wasn't too many people knew, the problem was they were morons and didn't think anyone would notice huge amounts of money on a tiny option. Not that the police will have an easy time proving it if they keep their mouths shut.
[/quote]

Now we know why they want to take away our right to silence in NSW!

The Bulldogs/Cowboys betting irregularities have now been referred to the NSW Crime Commission. Interesting that the article says that answers given cannot later be used as evidence if any charges are laid which is strange.

"AN INVESTIGATION into a huge betting plunge on an NRL game last season will take a dramatic twist with persons of interest to be hauled before the NSW Crime Commission, which carries the threat of jail sentences for those who refuse to appear or answer questions."

Much more @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crime-commission-orders-interviews-20110114-19r6q.html

WAMF link said:
Epic fail by the NSW police.

It's not over yet:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crime-commission-orders-interviews-20110114-19r6q.html

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4