Absolute Proof of Double Standards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
http://youtu.be/qT1MfRyHkOM

Watch this clip and then tell me there is no double standards in the NRL. No one was charged from this SOO Brawl. I am so angry about how all this has been portrayed like Manly looked for it. The boys would have been really fired up and worried about what had happened to wolfie about 4mins before the fight assuming Melbourne had done something to him.
Adam Blair has committed the biggest dog act FIRST!!!! he throws the biggest uppercut in history and smashes Lussick in the face. Naturally Watmough and Glenn stepped in to stop him by locking up his arms and let him know he is a dog with maybe a shove. Glenn had not thrown a punch at that point he ran over to lock up Blair and let him know he was a DOG!!!. Obviously Glenn could have avoided the second fight and should be given a contrary conduct charge but to single him out as the instigator in all this as most papers and fools like Hadley,Tunks and co did by mentioning him first is purely ignorant and biased. I cant believe how much the biased media and in particular people with other agendas like fans from every other second rate ordinary form club (Dragons, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Brisbane need i go on) with much to gain from Manly players being suspended hammer Manly at every angle. The amount of hype over this fight is unreal. You would swear that people had never seen this type of thing before. It is purely a beat up to get Manly players suspended because they all realise after Fri Manly were going to win the comp after holding the Storm to virtually 18-0
This tired old line of "It isnt a great advertisment to Nans and Mums that are worried about their sons playing league" garbage, but lets get real most of those mums probably look at a tackle and think it is severly violent so i dont think it is going to change thier opinion and thier soft kids will be lost to footy forever. Oh well.

People this is what being the most hated club gets us, Every sad sack supporter from every other club screaming for our blood when ever we make an error.

For what its worth Lussick should get 3 weeks for running in and throwing punches at a held Blair this is would have been more but i am considering he was smashed in the face by Blair.
Stewart Brothers should get 2 each Glen for starting the second fight and Brett for throwing his arm out Dangerously. The rest should get a $5000 fine and Foran should get nothing as he was never doing anything more than holding guys back.

Blair should get the 5 weeks for instigating the Brawl with his original dog act.

conanu said:
http://youtu.be/qT1MfRyHkOM

Watch this clip and then tell me there is no double standards in the NRL. No one was charged from this SOO Brawl. I am so angry about how all this has been portrayed like Manly looked for it. The boys would have been really fired up and worried about what had happened to wolfie about 4mins before the fight assuming Melbourne had done something to him.
Adam Blair has committed the biggest dog act FIRST!!!! he throws the biggest uppercut in history and smashes Lussick in the face. Naturally Watmough and Glenn stepped in to stop him by locking up his arms and let him know he is a dog with maybe a shove. Glenn had not thrown a punch at that point he ran over to lock up Blair and let him know he was a DOG!!!. Obviously Glenn could have avoided the second fight and should be given a contrary conduct charge but to single him out as the instigator in all this as most papers and fools like Hadley,Tunks and co did by mentioning him first is purely ignorant and biased. I cant believe how much the biased media and in particular people with other agendas like fans from every other second rate ordinary form club (Dragons, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Brisbane need i go on) with much to gain from Manly players being suspended hammer Manly at every angle. The amount of hype over this fight is unreal. You would swear that people had never seen this type of thing before. It is purely a beat up to get Manly players suspended because they all realise after Fri Manly were going to win the comp after holding the Storm to virtually 18-0
This tired old line of "It isnt a great advertisment to Nans and Mums that are worried about their sons playing league" garbage, but lets get real most of those mums probably look at a tackle and think it is severly violent so i dont think it is going to change thier opinion and thier soft kids will be lost to footy forever. Oh well.

People this is what being the most hated club gets us, Every sad sack supporter from every other club screaming for our blood when ever we make an error.

For what its worth Lussick should get 3 weeks for running in and throwing punches at a held Blair this is would have been more but i am considering he was smashed in the face by Blair.
Stewart Brothers should get 2 each Glen for starting the second fight and Brett for throwing his arm out Dangerously. The rest should get a $5000 fine and Foran should get nothing as he was never doing anything more than holding guys back.

Blair should get the 5 weeks for instigating the Brawl with his original dog act.

The problem with this argument is that SOO is administered by the ARL, not the NRL and that's why there are different standards in SOO.

Yeah definately looked "bad for the game" looks worse than friday night. I still liked both fights. Loved them. But as you said Manly are getting screwed over this. If anyone should be getting fined its the nrl for raping Manly. Not an allegation either...pure fact.

Ralphie said:
The problem with this argument is that SOO is administered by the ARL, not the NRL and that's why there are different standards in SOO.

No the problem with this is that the same judiciary presides over both ARL and NRL. And McCallum goes through the same footage.

My point is more about how the media at the time werent as vicious in their attacks after this. They wheeled out the Mums wont let them play line but it was never portrayed with the same negative connotations and vitriol that we have seen over the Brooky Brawl and why??? because Fans are either NSW or QLD one or the other not fans from 14 other clubs and people like Wayne Bennett screaming bloody murder against the two clubs most likely to win the premiership. Wayne didnt say a word about Thiaday running in on several occasions during several Origins because it didnt suit Bennetts agenda.
Add this to my original defence another example of the same thing co-incidently Shayne Hayne ref in all 3 and once again no action from Judiciary and little media beat up over it.

http://youtu.be/HZFCsBvkIcc

Thiaday came in running to get involved but i didnt see Hayne give him 10 in the bin after it like he did with Glenn.

Yea, tunks today was fully blaming gifty for the 2nd brawl and he was being such an idiot about it. Hadley's similarly showing his stupidity, like Wally's comment on the night. Manly are getting smashed when those that instigated most of it aren't. Normally I'm fine with "No one likes us, we dont care!", but this is massive as our 2011 premiership hopes are looking like being dealt a huge unfair blow.

You are missing the point. Glenn & Blair started a fight after being sent to the sin bin. That is quite significant, it does make it different to other recent brawls - even though there are a 1000 reasons why it happened, with all the hype & emotion and the incidents leading up that you mentioned. But there hasn't been something similar for a long time.

The sight of both teams racing half way up field, the benches getting involved (even in a fairly innocent way) was a rather lawless anarchic look, and the league had to make some clear statement, even if only for setting a lead for junior & local leagues. (The talk of sponsors being horrified is crap imo, sponsors want exposure.)

Having said all that, I would be appalled if Glen gets more than 3 games for his role. Looking at his role objectively, I don't think he'll get more than that. Wish I could be more confident of that though.

Have i compared Apples with Apples? Seaeaglerock8. Ha Ha i couldnt resist.

I understand the point but in reality a fight is a fight regardless of wether or not its after the ref sends them to the bin. The Volvo driving soccer mums dont care if its after Hayne has given them 10. And anyway my point is that Hayne sent Glenn to the bin for "You ran over to get involved you get 10" but the same ref in Origin does nothing about Thirdman Thiaday.

If Glen is given the same grade in the minds of the panel as Brett on Wednesday then with his prior last year(20%) which they will consciously take into account ,then he gets 4 weeks where Brett gets 50% discount to get one week.It would seem a huge stretch to hope he is treated on the same level as Brett given he was referred and there is basically no precedent for a post bin blue.For him to play GF he has to be regarded as no worse than Brett.

Deep down Gallop would have loved both blues, what bloke wouldn't. But he has to take some action on ours. Hopefully all charges are downgraded so both Lussick, Glen and Blair are a chance for the GF if either team makes it.

The one thing that astounds me is that an ex-lawyer has no idea of the concept of precedence ..... how did he ever get his degree ??? !!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7