Aboriginal players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I notice that, as a Club, we do not seem to have had a lot of Aboriginal players on our books. Marois and Islanders yes, but not Aboriginals. Why is this? Cliffy Lyons is our only aboriginal player to have played SOO for NSW. You think that Manly, a Club that prides itself on throwing the ball around over the past few decades, would want those type of creative players, like Aboriginal players tend to be, playing for the Club. Should we be doing mre scouting for them in western NSW, QLD, NT, etc? Any thoughts?

Groome is Fijian.

Ashley Alberts
Andrew Walker

I personally think the club should establish a formal connection with Ronnie Bibbs. As Developmental Coach in the Central West he is responsible for a stable of wonderful indigenous talent.

george Rose definetely has some aboriginal in him - I have seen his grandfather

Cliffy Lyons is our only aboriginal player to have played SOO

Dale Shearer.

Did Mal Cochrane ever play SOO ?

There are no Kooris around because Mundine has told them all to go to Qld to avoid the inherent racism in NSW.

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]
Cliffy Lyons is our only aboriginal player to have played SOO

Dale Shearer.

Did Mal Cochrane ever play SOO ?

There are no Kooris around because Mundine has told them all to go to Qld to avoid the inherent racism in NSW.
[/quote]
Sorry C & C - I meant for NSW. Amended.

"Choc" Watmough (he is aboriginal)- in answer to your question Crusher I know of a number of young aboriginal players who have been signed up by Manly from country areas. Problem is alot can't handle the city/ themselves and end up heading back to the bush.

and George Rose is definately aboriginal. To be honest we could all be aboriginal- it's not as though you have to prove anything to get the government benefits- it would be racist of them to ask you to prove it- I know of several people without a trace of aboriginal blood who get the benefits

PJ Choc is a nickname for italians normally but yeah I think Watmough does have some heritage

I'm part aboriginal according to the family tree but I doubt you'd find a whiter australian that I.

Choc is the nickname a number of aboriginals take on football players or not. I've never heard of Italians being called a Choc- I call them wogs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4