Aboriginal "national emergency" Plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=byso]
Yeah, there better off doing nothing. **** 'em they're only less than 1% of the population anyhow.
Actually, it would be better for us to do something considered rather than poll-driven.
[/quote]

So I guess you think they simply whipped this plan up in a few days without any research?
[/quote]

When was the report released Byso?

[
So I guess you think they simply whipped this plan up in a few days without any research?
Bottom line is Byso, that Howard has done just that without reference to his Dept., his advisors or the Aboriginals themselves. He is backing his own view and political polling, plus a desperation that he is in trouble.

He wants to appear decisive and willing to make hard decisions, but don't think for a minute he gives an iota of attention to solving the problem.

I met a bloke once who said he had his fuel tank drilled into to drain it a handfull of times while doing work in far north queensland.

Something needs to be done, even a slap together has to be better than nothing although would rudd do anything different... or is he to busy filling his wifes pockets?

The same wife that just sold all of her businesses in Australia, just in case her husband is elected?

Maybe you could ask John Howard's brother about having his pockets filled.

[quote author=byso]
[
Bottom line is Byso, that Howard has done just that without reference to his Dept., his advisors or the Aboriginals themselves. He is backing his own view and political polling, plus a desperation that he is in trouble.

He wants to appear decisive and willing to make hard decisions, but don't think for a minute he gives an iota of attention to solving the problem.
[/quote]

In your eyes he will always appear in the negative. This issue hasn't been spoken about at all in the polls or media over the last year or so. So it's hardly an election issue.
I do agree that it will be seen as being pro-active because of an election year. But I can't recall anything like this being done in 30 odd years. So why didn't Hawk or Keating attempt to tackle this issue?

The fact is some good is sure to happen from this and you would prefer them to do nothing as they will only score political points.............for being pro-active!

Hawke and Keating did small things for Aboriginals and the High Court helped as well during this time.

However, politicians of both parties have long ignored these issues, though even the most biased punters would admit that Howard and the current liberals have set the Aboriginal cause back a long way. Look at new candidates like Alex Hawke to see how much the right of the Libs are committed to their cause.

So Byso is trying to argue that two wrongs will make a right? :stupid:

Bottom line is that this is a complex issue and simplistic solutions will not make a difference at all.

laura norder never seems simplistic to rednecks. She must be a good root.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7