ABC Radio Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone else just hear that three man anti-Manly diatribe?

"Fa'aoso will be lucky to play again this year".

Ok then.

Manly players all at fault and should be suspended.

What Burgess did was ok though.

Yes, I did. Listen while i'm watching. It provides information when you're at the ground, - you dont see everything

Vis a vee they're balance: I thought it was 'typical'. But they did emphasize their view about the penalty try that was missed at the end. Think they try to 'sensationalise' everything. Praps its a ratings war with 2MMM FM.

Warren Ryan was talking true to form. He had Brett back in jail after the 'vicsous elbow' and he had Richie Faoso 'sent off' and getting 10 weeks. very unbalanced.

Usually agree with Wok on stuff, but he was way off base tonight, as were Morrow and Julian Abbott.

I can cop criticism, but that was way overboard tonight.

Trial by media. ABC should be above that. Their anti-Manly views were just all let out.

The fact Manly are playing the Dragons next week has nothing to do with any of it.

4136534-3x2-940x627.jpg

Let's face it. We bashed the bunnies, mainly quite legally but we do have a few on report. I'd be amazed if we weren't copping it from the usual suspects.
It doesn't bother me, we know what to expect.
In fact it is amusing!

The usual nursing home dribble coming from them. I'm sure their Tri-care medications were on overdose last night. Love how Ryan carried on about how they have their usual drinks somewhere with the souffs supporters.Bunch or geriatric drunks dribbling their usual bar room crap.

Moondog said:
The only possible use for Warren Ryan is immediate conversion to Soylent Green.

Why would you want to eat that?

Jethro said:
Moondog said:
The only possible use for Warren Ryan is immediate conversion to Soylent Green.

Why would you want to eat that?
I imagine there would be no trouble passing Ryan off as plankton (although plankton would definitely have a higher IQ). Besides, I would only serve Ryan to unsuspecting guests.

When you get part the rantings of two well known drunks did we really do that much wrong? There was not malice in the lifting takles. Matai hit the ball first in what was a marginal tackle at worst. The only instance of clearly illegal play was Stewart, but if you look at his elbow, it was half hearted and did no damage (to Everinghams credit he didn't take a dive).

The buffoon Morrow in particularly was almost hyperventilating when I heard him. Compare that to Nine's commentary which I thought was pretty sober - emphasis on the toughness of the game rather than some sinister plan by the eagles to get sent off on mass.

Morrow's been suspended for alleged racism on-air.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/abc-suspends-announcer-over-racist-remarks-20130508-2j8ew.html

ABC suspends announcer over 'racist' remarks

Adrian Proszenko, Glenn Jackson

The voice of rugby league for ABC Radio has been stood down pending an investigation into alleged racist remarks aired during the national broadcaster's NRL coverage on Monday.

The veteran caller David Morrow, who has been part of the ABC's coverage of rugby league on TV and radio since 1980, was understood to have been telling a joke before the St George Illawarra-Manly clash, not realising he had been put to air earlier than expected.

The ABC confirmed on Wednesday that an investigation had been launched, with Morrow to remain suspended until it was completed.

"David Morrow has been suspended from duties pending the resolution of an investigation into his recent on-air comments," an ABC spokesperson said.

The ABC received several complaints over the matter.

"It's disappointing," said ABC Grandstand manager Craig Norenbergs.

"Obviously from an ABC values, managerial and personal viewpoint I won't stand for racism in any way or form, particularly from someone who holds as much credence as our No. 1 league caller David does," he said.

It's understood that Darwin-based Charlie King, the longest-serving indigenous broadcaster at the ABC, was particularly offended by the comments.

Last year, Morrow celebrated his 40th year of calling rugby league. During his long career with the ABC, he has also been a member of the Olympic and Commonwealth Games coverage since 1984, as well as one of the broadcaster's cricket commentators. He was awarded an OAM in 2005.

Morrow was uncontactable on Wednesday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/abc-suspends-announcer-over-racist-remarks-20130508-2j8ew.html#ixzz2ShyPbvRA

Don't suppose anyone here was listening in?

At least all the over the top hatred towards Manly in recent years will be gone for a few weeks.

Can't stand Morrow especially when he calls a Dragons game. His bias is sickening. Hopefully it's a permanent holiday. He can take the other dinosaur Ryan with him.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Someone chuck the joke up, the un pc ones are usually the best

2 muffins were in an oven.

1 says to the other "Jeez it's hot in here!"

The other says "Holy crap! A talking muffin!!!"

Kiwi Eagle said:

I think he said there were way too many honkies in the Dragons line up.

globaleagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

2 muffins were in an oven.

1 says to the other "Jeez it's hot in here!"

The other says "Holy crap! A talking muffin!!!"

How big was the oven to fit both Warren Ryan and David Morrow in it? They should have both been suspended for using religious references in vain.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6