Abbott Annoucement??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
I'm voting for whoever can guarantee us a couple of quality young props next year.
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=184748.msg286174#msg286174 date=1282310604]
I'm voting for whoever can guarantee us a couple of quality young props next year.

You forgot backs & halves oh except lyon.

Labor vows to fund Brookie Oval

* Election 2010

5 Aug 10 @ 05:31pm by PETER BODKIN

1f9e2accfa9777b58e352a900d1eb9af_resized.jpg

SEA EAGLES fans will be sweating on the outcome of the Federal Election as they wait to see which candidate’s promises for cash-strapped Brookvale Oval are honoured.

Warringah Labor candidate Hugh Zochling said the election was a chance for voters to hold a “referendum on Brookvale Oval” as locals were still waiting for Mr Abbott to deliver the $10 million in federal funding required to upgrade the ground.

Shortly before the Howard government was defeated in the 2007 election, Opposition Leader and Warringah MP Tony Abbott promised $9 million in funding to upgrade the ground if the Coalition was returned to office.

Brookvale Oval previously received $1 million for a lighting upgrade in 2005 after Mr Abbott made a commitment at the previous election to press his government for funding.

Mr Zochling, who said he was a passionate Sea Eagles supporter, yesterday pledged to “stake his job” on securing federal funding to upgrade the team’s ground if he was elected later this month.

“I will be a strong voice for Brookie in the Gillard Government,” he said.

“If I’m elected and I fail to get this federal funding for Brookie, I’ll quit.”

Mr Zochling said from 1997 to 2007, more than $900 million was provided to NRL grounds, of which Brookvale received only $1 million.

The Manly Daily asked Mr Abbott yesterday if he would honour his previous commitment to fund an upgrade of Brookvale Oval if elected to government, but he did not respond before deadline.

wombatgc link said:
wow...and that was your edited post!
I'm doing it for the team.
Seriously, nothing will get done.
Who ever gets in will just blame previous government mismanagement or some fiscal black hole that no one saw before the promises, and they'll pull the rug on all the pressies.
Me cynical...you bet!

Its not so much an attack on the person as the attitude really.

You should be cynical, Abbott could promise $100m, he can lose overall and brookie wont get anything. Hugh can promise $100m an lose just his seat and not have to deliver.

**** we shouldnt have to wait until election time for this to even be on the cards, yet because everyone loves to throw money at contested seats theres millions to throw at a ground for a 2nd Tier team (name escapes me at the moment).

Dont get me wrong, im massively grateful that I can go and vote freely without my life being threatened unlike some attempted democracies. But there should be some constructive criticism. 

Rambofan link said:
Abbott is full of s**t.The same promise was made when Howard won and Brookie never saw a red cent.A measly ten million for a great  ground and club , what a joke.

Don't believe a word of it

No the promise was made in 07 and Howard lost, that is why we didn't get the money

CussCuss link said:
[quote author=wombatgc link=topic=184748.msg286152#msg286152 date=1282307436]
wow...and that was your edited post!
I'm doing it for the team.
Seriously, nothing will get done.
Who ever gets in will just blame previous government mismanagement or some fiscal black hole that no one saw before the promises, and they'll pull the rug on all the pressies.
Me cynical...you bet!

Its not so much an attack on the person as the attitude really.

You should be cynical, Abbott could promise $100m, he can lose overall and brookie wont get anything. Hugh can promise $100m an lose just his seat and not have to deliver.

f**k we shouldnt have to wait until election time for this to even be on the cards, yet because everyone loves to throw money at contested seats theres millions to throw at a ground for a 2nd Tier team (name escapes me at the moment).

Dont get me wrong, im massively grateful that I can go and vote freely without my life being threatened unlike some attempted democracies. But there should be some constructive criticism. 
[/quote]

Henson Park and that is in the safest Labor seat in the country...proof that you need the Libs in to get anything for this area.

Chip & Chase link said:

Lol. That maybe harder than finding a decent prime minister.

WAMF link said:

(photo @bennpackham)

I am truly offended by this picture. This guy has done squat for his electorate in all the years he has been in politics. Even whilst the libs were in power federally.

Our number one supporter? I don't think so. If you want to see what a real supporter does just have a look at the funding that Howard secured for the Dragons. Both at Kogarah and down at the gong. Abbott is pure evil.

Jono link said:
[quote author=Rambofan link=topic=184748.msg286128#msg286128 date=1282302442]
Abbott is full of s**t.The same promise was made when Howard won and Brookie never saw a red cent.A measly ten million for a great  ground and club , what a joke.

Don't believe a word of it

No the promise was made in 07 and Howard lost, that is why we didn't get the money
[/quote]

Yes, another empty promise. He made the promise on '07 because they new they were losing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2