• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we were told we'd lose them at seasons end, I can take it.

I think the club has been good so far post Des, so I'd like to have faith that theres a valid reason behind this move.

At least Sharon is a Manly fan so will fill an empty seat at all games

Woods is a no frills worker. Provided they can get him fit he will be very bandy during origin and if we have injuries. Woods is a very experienced prop and can add something to our squad. It wasn’t a trade really we just had to get something of immediate value out of the tough spot we were in. Sometimes you have to make the most of the circumstances carefully considering the ramifications to the squad and squad morale and it looks like a rationale decision to me.

Woods is a manly supporter. They all look **** at the dragons. Let's give him a Chance to give it his all. The other two have been swayed by money. We can't keep them all. We have Fainu coming through. Our second row are 80 min players. We have decent depth. It's only for this season and the dragons probably paying for most of it. Frees up some money to keep our actual stars. Koula Haumole etc are going to need upgrades next season. Can't keep them all.

No no no,no,no,no

dumb decision by the club if this true.

not worth the trade woods is nothing .

Agree, i dont like our current props, they are all ordinary.

Still cant see Woods in our top 17, maybe pulling on the maroon & white is inspiring.

Last edited:
Woods does get good post contact metres.

Look he's passed his best. But I am glad he finally gets to play for us apparently he was a manly tragic as a kid.

Would need to wind the clock back 3years, saying that playing for the Red Vag wouldn't be very inspiring.

Fingers crossed he steps up. I always liked him.

Woods is mud, no leg drive, no shoulder in defense, no urgency, no quick play the ball.

He used to have a great late offload, but he can’t be bothered even doing that any more

I agree with shifting the squad power base if that’s what needed to happen.

I don’t agree with promising juniors getting so annoyed with lack of opportunities or their place In The pecking order that they ask for a release, especially when it’s clear that they deserve a chance far more than some of the ones “above” them.

I agree with some commenters that maybe this gives us an opportunity to rebalance the top 30 and promote GCKT. That would make this switch a pretty good thing especially if Froggy's shoulder issue needs some surgery.

Woods is mud, no leg drive, no shoulder in defense, no urgency, no quick play the ball.

He used to have a great late offload, but he can’t be bothered even doing that any more

I agree with shifting the squad power base if that’s what needed to happen.

I don’t agree with promising juniors getting so annoyed with lack of opportunities or their place In The pecking order that they ask for a release, especially when it’s clear that they deserve a chance far more than some of the ones “above” them.
But if the carrot was immediate first grade , which two of the current players would you personally boot to see them get their debut ??

Oh and it’s not just a game they’ve probably been promised first grade permanently, so who are you off loading to accommodate them ??

Is it any worse a deal than letting one of the then current top props (AFB) walk for nothing ?
I still think that was a good move imo, our pack dynamic wasn't great. Too many big forwards, where they tended to go alright for stints but get tired and fall out of games. Him and Taupau were good at their peak but they were never going to be long-term/sustainable options for us. AFB is still good to watch but we were good to move him on imo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4