• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
St merge wouldn't guarantee FG starting spots, maybe just a debut at some stage this year. Certainly would have told them their opportunities at Saints are better because ....they don't have as many good players ahead of them!! What a great selling point!
The main thing is they would have offered more money, can't begrudge them taking that because there are no guarantees of a long career in league.
Has to be money related because who knows who the Dragons coach is,moving forward

Honestly you think they had much choice ??

And St Merge would have guaranteed them FG starting spots , we can’t do that.

Very easy just to play the “ blame game “ but you need to think about it before you do.

Do I like that we’ve lost two promising juniors who have never played first grade , NO.

But you can’t keep them all.
Unfortunately when players want to go these days, you very rarely are able to keep them. They agitate until they leave.

Gotta remember how this story started, with a story that claimed they were both released effective immediately. Fast forward 24 hours and the club comes out and says there has been no release granted. Now the Australian is reporting Woods is on the 'verge' of joining Manly. Still sounds like a bit of a flimsy story. I'll be waiting for confirmation from the club before I believe this is 100% fact.

My initial reaction was WTF, What The actual F*** but having read some of the posts here, I can see some reasons for this swap.

I don’t like it but I’m not running the club; I just hope that it works out for us.

He will go ok, plenty of experience for a young pack to lean on and does a solid job, albeit not at the level he used to be

If letting those 2 unproven guys go, and getting Woods, allows us to keep Olakau’atu, Koula, Weekes, Schuster etc here, I’m happy with the young talent we have kept on

Happy to watch it play out, I’ve seen the uproar before when Aaron Groom and Aaron Cannings left us, and I’ve seen the “he is washed up and useless” with Joe Galuvao

What's the problem? He either stars, trains the house down adds actual experience in the forwards around the club, is a good bloke plays first grade for free for a year....

and.....

Manly get rid of one currently injured player and another that has never debuted in first grade. Who belong to the same manager whom Paul Kent anonymously referenced on NRL 360, and the predicament Manly are in regarding having all their cattle with one bloke who can falsely manipulate conditions in Tartak (he of the Manasi is innocent mini doco when the case was before the courts iron stine geniouseness).

Potential in trials is potential in trials. Woods isn't starting in the Manly first grade pack unless Flanagan who probably knows him pretty well, knows what he's got in Aaron.

So chill out every one.

PS I'm in hospital, out of surgery both knees replaced, took seven hours, about to get out of bed for physio in a minute for the first time then it will be Endone and Blacktown on the Foxtel Go on the iPad.

Well it's obvious who is running the club and it aint Mestrov. Maybe Kenty was right for a change.

Why get Sharon? If it is to help out the junior props, well we just lost 2 of them. My Sharks mates were piling into him and that was 5 years ago

What's the problem? He either stars, trains the house down adds actual experience in the forwards around the club, is a good bloke plays first grade for free for a year....

and.....

Manly get rid of one currently injured player and another that has never debuted in first grade. Who belong to the same manager whom Paul Kent anonymously referenced on NRL 360, and the predicament Manly are in regarding having all their cattle with one bloke who can falsely manipulate conditions in Tartak (he of the Manasi is innocent mini doco when the case was before the courts iron stine geniouseness).

Potential in trials is potential in trials. Woods isn't starting in the Manly first grade pack unless Flanagan who probably knows him pretty well, knows what he's got in Aaron.

So chill out every one.

PS I'm in hospital, out of surgery both knees replaced, took seven hours, about to get out of bed for physio in a minute for the first time then it will be Endone and Blacktown on the Foxtel Go on the iPad.
TEE, Hope the knee recovery goes well. I may be up for one of these, later this year.

The Sharon Woods part of the deal is my problem
We pretty much had to either take on a player or sign another one to fill out the squad. Sharon's going to be our 25th-30th player...i.e won't play unless a heap of injuries.

So basically, we lost two guys who weren't playing. And got back someone who won't play as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4