Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If there's one thing the Dragons don't need it's more plodding forwards... Alvaro, McGuire, Kerr, Woods to name but a few. Whats the plan ?? Cuddle the opposition to death.

It's like the Dragons want to run last. Thanks Dragons, you've taken a bullet for us with Woods.

Woods looks good on paper when it comes down to stats. Still makes plenty on meters up the middle and is sound in defence. He is just too slow in this day and age of the game. He dose have a good late offload in him that helps his cause but I feel the game has just gone past him.
Is a bit of a shame as I’ve always thought Woods would be at Manly at some point of his career as he was a Manly fan but this move would of been 2 seasons too late.

Dogs have Allen & Dufty plus JAC apparently wants to play fullback. At the moment, we don't have a backup fullback near the standard of the first two.
Because Manly pay over a million for the one they’ve got.If that’s how they want to work their salary cap,they have to make do with the likes of Garrick filling in at Fullback whenever they need to.As proven this year,they finished 4th with TomT only playing 15 games,so a back up FB is not the issue

Recruitment and retention is key and with our roster we didn't need a prop at the end of his career. Getting it right is key and has lasting implications on the the balance of the squad and performance. I hope we signed Bullemor.

Every indication that Woods was only going to be signed at Manly on a minimum contract and maybe replacing the likes of Boyle so good luck to him if he can secure a better deal somewhere else . Still hope that Manly do re sign Saddler, plenty of raw ability and very willing , surely more upside for him . Certainly hope that Marty has a good season next season , will be on 850 k , fair chunk of the cap not getting much value if he has a lack luster or ordinary season

Hook Griffin is still stuck in 2015.

The games getting quicker, in case no-one at the Dragons noticed.
The last thing you need is trundling plodders doing everything at glacial speeds, like Woods.

Now, Dufty is a poor defender, but he is quick, and has a lot of points in him, so you find a way to utilise him that doesn't hurt you defensively too much......see Dylan Walker at 14 for inspiration.

In summary, Griffin is an idiot.

I can’t see Marty leaving unless we paid a ‘huge chunk’ or his salary to whatever team he joined.

We have enough props if we retain Saddler, with De Luis (no standout but an honest worker), young Sione Fainu plus our existing group of Paseka, Keppie, Toff and Jake, when needed.

I don’t mind Garrick at fullback as a replacement for Turbo when needed as long as Snake and Tom spend a lot of time with him in the off season. Garrick is more easily replaced on the wing with Koula or Tippytoes.

Hook Griffin is still stuck in 2015.

The games getting quicker, in case no-one at the Dragons noticed.
The last thing you need is trundling plodders doing everything at glacial speeds, like Woods.

Now, Dufty is a poor defender, but he is quick, and has a lot of points in him, so you find a way to utilise him that doesn't hurt you defensively too much......see Dylan Walker at 14 for inspiration.

In summary, Griffin is an idiot.
Dragons show the way! Lol. To mediocrity.

Phew !! omg...how we even contemplated Woods to begin with is just plainly baffling tbh. Loved Woodsie in his early years a real SOO firebrand, but the games speeded up now and gone past the type of player Woods is now. Those people saying he would be good for depth, you mean depth for Blacktown Workers....

. Certainly hope that Marty has a good season next season , will be on 850 k , fair chunk of the cap not getting much value if he has a lack luster or ordinary season
Marty's contract being back-ended is the reason he is on the supposed 850k next year. If his performances next year are going to be judged as being a 850k prop, how did his performances rate for the last 2 years when he was a 500k prop? Perspective required me thinks. Not aimed solely at you al, many have looked at him that way.

Marty's contract being back-ended is the reason he is on the supposed 850k next year. If his performances next year are going to be judged as being a 850k prop, how did his performances rate for the last 2 years when he was a 500k prop? Perspective required me thinks. Not aimed solely at you al, many have looked at him that way.
Can we make this a pinned post? 500, 500, 850 - he would have agreed to this to help manly’s cap over the period, so we should be thanking Marty for his flexibility not bleating ad infinitum “850!!???” “outrage” etc

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8