Aaron Woods to manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
That would be huge if true

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 260
http://www.weststigers.com.au/playerprofiledisplay/Wests%20Tigers/Aaron%20%20Woods/451

2V really has identified a body type in his recruitment - young, tall and muscular.
Most of the 2014 newbies seem to be over six foot in the old scale and 95kg+.

Maybe 2v just wants to make giants suffer in pre-season, and Donny is about 2v's height too:p

His form tapered off after SOO , but he has a lot of potential. There were rumours back in June that he might be signing with Manly for 2015 and beyond (he's under contract until then , not that that seems to count for anything these days). There were also rumours of interest in Curtis Sironen as a ball-playing forward .

Great if it's true Cam and what a pack we will have!! Imagine someone would have to leave for his salary to come onboard so maybe it's Wolfie???

Jason King's experience up front is important at least for next year . There was talk of Wolfman signing a 2 year extension a couple of months ago. I must say I was a bit surprised when he copped on field verbal barrages from Killer and Snake during the finals. Normally a mistake results in teammates running in with backslaps and encouragement at Manly. The hair-pulling incident by Maloney seemed to rattle him more than it should have and it was obviously a part of the Robinson game plan. I'd like to see him get a chance for redemption after his grand final "howler".

I was told a certain head coach from another team ,no not the tigers has said this is true ! Is he **** stirring ? I don't know but I heard this rumour 3 weeks ago

Would love to see him join us, we have lost a few forwards.....king,Lawrence ,woods,Richie ........licking my lips, bring on the roosters and bunnies packs....fingers crossed, hope it happens.

Doubt it. Can't see the Tigers letting their best forward go. We need to also make Jake T a decent offer if we want to sign him long term. Hopefully we have also given BJ a pay rise of sorts if we want to keep him firing. Would hate to be the least paid gun prop in the game.
Would love to be wrong!

As Forwards go, I think the following are the most important pieces:-

Brenton Lawrence, Richie Fa'aoso, Justin Horo, Tom Symonds, Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough & Jamie Buhrer.

Buhrer is especially important, because he plays both utility and forward.

That being said, I couldn't see Jayden Hodges coming here to languish in reserve grade, so I'm almost thinking:-

08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Richie Fa'aoso
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Tom Symonds
17. Jamie Buhrer

I really can't see Jason King coming back after ANOTHER full season injured. I'd love it, but no.

That last spot is open to Sao, Jake T, Chee Kam, King, Lui, Hasson, Gower & others. We really, REALLY don't need Woods guys. It will cost us developing players. Players I don't want to lose.

The other option is Hodges starts in reggies, and two forwards play (maybe King and Jake T.)

I really think King needs 5-6 games in reggies to get match fitness.

I recall talking to Tooves during the 2012 season, after there had been so much speculation about half the team leaving, including Foran. We had kept them all except T Rex, but Tooves was ruing the club's salary cap predicament, and said we could only afford to recruit very low cost players to cover for those leaving. He said it would actually get worse the next year (2013).

The cap has increased of course, but I expect we'll have to continue the current policy of luring good bargains, rather than name players.

(Unless one of our players on decent coin unexpectedly retires, of course.)

Sounds logical. I think starling needs to be in the mix.
Don't think he was signed to play NSW cup either

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4