Aaron Groom.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
Does anyone know what happened to this guy?

I know we lost him a couple of years back but can anyone fill me in as to his whereabouts? He was a good young player and I really thought he had a chance of being something for us.

Didn't some people put up a stink about him leaving, the recruitment team knew what they were doing. I wonder if hodkinson will head the same way.

From Wiki.

Aaron Groom born 23 June 1987 in Suva, Fiji is a rugby league player whose most recent club was the Sheffield Eagles in the Co-Operative Championship. He plays as a scrum-half, stand-off and can also operate as a hooker.

He previously played for Canterbury Bulldogs in 2008, and made his debut against the Gold Coast Titans in round 10 of the 2008 season.[1] Groom was previously with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the NRL.[2] He played in the 2008 Rugby League World Cup for Fiji,[3] being named Man Of The Match in the Bati's win over Ireland in the quarter-final. Aaron signed with the Sheffield Eagles for the 2009-2010 seasons but suffered a serious knee injury that limited his appearances in England.

He's currently playing with Luke Dorn in England, the other great white hope that we let slip.

Nice cast Fro.

I have heard that the dogs have him marked as back up if Hodkinson doesn't cut it this year.

Based on this clip I can see why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZOmDyjtV_o

Certainly looks that way WAMF.

As is the case with a lot of these young guys, when they get pushed in before they are up to it they can suffer in the long run.

Experience has its place as well I guess.

tookey link said:
I have heard that the dogs have him marked as back up if Hodkinson doesn't cut it this year.

Based on this clip I can see why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZOmDyjtV_o
Based on that clip, we'd want him marked as a backup too.

I actually saw Groome play a few games in Flegg or Ball and he was an absolute stand out however always thought he was a poor mans Paul Shaw and didnt like getting hit hard in a tackle

if those are his highlights, I hope he can do something other than play football.

Who puts getting caught on the 5th tackle as a highlight reel??

hehe and that tackle where the ball came out must have been replayed at least 10 times on there.

young or old, smart or dumb, black or white.

this guy looks like we are well and truly better off without him, how anyone could rate that as "highlights" is beyond me.

Rumour has it he has been locked in Darren's basement for the last year or so.  Although he shall probably be released in the near future as he is getting on in age.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6