A young player's comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Heartfelt and honest ...

1661233459926.png

I have to confess to yelling in frustration sometimes when I'm watching at Brookie but when I read the things like what happened to the young bloke from Souths last week, I just shake my head. I get bloody disappointed when we lose but ripping into players like that, especially the young and inexperienced, there's really no excuse. And for all of Dessie's pros and cons, he has always seemed genuine in his care for his players well being. Can't fault that.

So called fans take note (but I know you wont). These guys are Human just like your parents, your brothers and sisters and your grandkids( if you have them).... paying a few hundred bucks a year to be a member gives you absolutely no right to abuse, degrade or attack these guys in any way. They go to work like anyone else, only difference is instead of 1 or 2 managers or bosses watching their every move they have thousands and thousands.
Sure vent your frustration but be respectful at least.
I would love to see the reply if some on here were to find out their kid or partner had been subjected to the same sort of abuse they hand out on matchdays every bloody week.

Faamanu Brown has had a long way back from severe injury to be even playing NRL and I like what I see in him ,I think he has played hooker/2nd row for Tigepies and pretty well ,but he has guts and determination and despite all his obstacles to get to where he is now he has taken the time to be grateful for everything and to express it beautifully .
That is character , well done young man.

So called fans take note (but I know you wont). These guys are Human just like your parents, your brothers and sisters and your grandkids( if you have them).... paying a few hundred bucks a year to be a member gives you absolutely no right to abuse, degrade or attack these guys in any way. They go to work like anyone else, only difference is instead of 1 or 2 managers or bosses watching their every move they have thousands and thousands.
Sure vent your frustration but be respectful at least.
I would love to see the reply if some on here were to find out their kid or partner had been subjected to the same sort of abuse they hand out on matchdays every bloody week.
I really doubt people on Silvertails yell such abuse at players or abuse them directly in their twitters or instagrams. I say that because I think that sort of person would brag about it.
No human deserves the kind of derision players are copping.
It’s wonderful that this poor young man made the statement he has. I hope people learn from it but, sadly, it’s unlikely that will happen.
Social media has let a very ugly genie out of his bottle.
The NRL really needs to do much pastoral work. Surely these boys are under their duty of care.

Last edited:
This is why the NRL needs to do a complete wind back or rewrite of the playing rules. The game is incredibly relentless to play week after week unless you are as a team all completely on focus and have the capability.

Its no good saying all the bottom teams should just be better, work harder blah blah. How good is that theory going? How good will the Dolphins be?

Making the game more forgiving if you make a mistake or have on off day will be better for all. No underdog team can ever win in the NRL anymore.

Once you get behind early, the rules and the referee ensure all the momentum goes against you. Try to step up in defence and try to force an error or to slow the opposition down, the referee will penalise you or give six again.

Then, to end it all, the fans and media turn feral on their defeated players and coaches.

Its just an insane way to grow a competitive and even league. At times it is unwatchable.

You don't need a salary cap if the playing rules make for more even contests, even if you have an off day. It should be more like soccer, where even the best don't win 5-0 or 10-0 each week.

Fair enough. But what about the hundreds of thousands of other sportspeople who are equally committed to playing to their ability, to their club, to winning, to the downs of a defeat, who suffer the injuries, who actually have to pay to play the sport they love and the medical expenses to treat their injuries.... and who have to force themselves out of bed on a Monday morning to get to work to earn a living?
Let's not feel too bad for people who are actually being paid to play a sport they love, who are granted privileges that amateur players only dream about.

Fair enough. But what about the hundreds of thousands of other sportspeople who are equally committed to playing to their ability, to their club, to winning, to the downs of a defeat, who suffer the injuries, who actually have to pay to play the sport they love and the medical expenses to treat their injuries.... and who have to force themselves out of bed on a Monday morning to get to work to earn a living?
Let's not feel too bad for people who are actually being paid to play a sport they love, who are granted privileges that amateur players only dream about.
Don’t underestimate the power of the spotlight.

Its unfortunate but there will come a day where a player be male or female just won't be able to take the abuse anymore. When that time comes there will be universal condemnation and lots of promises to educate and help but it will be too late for the poor soul that opens the gates.
Meanwhile the grubby little worms who will have had a huge part in the outcome will crawl away safe in the knowledge that they are safe behind the www wall of anonymity.
People need to be held accountable for their online presence.

No underdog team can ever win in the NRL anymore.

Once you get behind early, the rules and the referee ensure all the momentum goes against you. Try to step up in defence and try to force an error or to slow the opposition down, the referee will penalise you or give six again.

Then, to end it all, the fans and media turn feral on their defeated players and coaches.
That is so true. Case in point was most of last weekend's games and they wonder why most had blow-out scores. Then the resulting bagging of coaches and players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4