A Turning Point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ever since that pasting by the Dragons it looks like the team has reinvented their attack, like they thought about what worked under Barrett. There was more offloads I saw in the last two matches than the rest of the season combined. Am I imagining this or is this just a product of players like Cust DCE and Levi hitting some form?

Ever since that pasting by the Dragons it looks like the team has reinvented their attack, like they thought about what worked under Barrett. There was more offloads I saw in the last two matches than the rest of the season combined. Am I imagining this or is this just a product of players like Cust DCE and Levi hitting some form?
Off loads were a big part of our game last season. At the start of this year it appeared as though Des May have wanted the boys to limit the errors. I think it’s probably come to the fore again over the past fortnight as we needed to change things up.

Probably more like an ultimatum to the players: You can use Turbo being out as an excuse and forget about the season, or you can roll up your sleeves and let's give it a shake. It seems more attitudinal rather than tactics (to me at least).

I should add, we shouldn't underestimate the effect of the lockdown, 3 games in 12 days to restart the comp and the herculean effort against Canberra. I think, looking back, a form (effort) slump was to be expected against the Sharks and perhaps the Knights. The St George effort was inexcusable.

If anything I would have said less offloads and just concentrating on direct running and getting momentum. Not sure if we are watching same games ???

Against the Dragons we were like headless chooks, throwing it around everywhere. No point throwing an offload for the sake of it to someone in a worst postion than you, especially the late ones when everyone is getting set for next play.

Cronulla and Illawarra were too quick for us. Our forwards couldn't control the tempo and it gave their backlines too much ball and space. Unfortunately we don't have the outside backs to make clean breaks or latch onto kicks which is why our centres and wingers rarely score tries these days.
Before Turbo got injured he'd scored or played a role in the majority of our tries. I doubt there is another single player in the NRL who is as important to a team as he is to Manly, with the possible exception of Scam Smith.
Until he returns we have to hope our forwards win the battle and our backs keep the defence solid.

I think things are turning with Cust in the halves. He is creating room and I think more and more attacking movements will follow as the team familiarises itself with his skill sets.
I agree Tezz .. The General is a natural half and has shown that he has all the qualities .
All he needs to do to be a great half is what all the other great players have and that is consistency
If he can be consistent he will make the 5/8 spot his.

Levi's last two weeks have been his best since he joined too.
The Melbourne cup is won by the horses that peak in time of the big race
The premiership is won by the team that peaks in the finals
We are slowly peaking and we will only get better ,
We have not seen the best of Manly yet

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8