A slightly interesting fact

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
True, River Eagle & manlyfan76 but NSW Cup is as good as some guys will be and they may be happy with that.

Look at our reggies this week as an example.

Only Wolf, Blair, Symonds and Hasson are up to regular NRL standard.

Rudolph, Sao, Chee Kam, Hodges are "potentially" future first graders so the jury will be out for a while. Chances are only one of these will "make it".

I can't see Harrison getting a run this year unless we're desperate and if Lauaki and Iosafa see first grade then we've been smashed with injuries.

The other guys, obviously haven't stood out to me so...

I don't doubt the pride factor but sometimes no matter how hard you play or how hard you try, if you're just not quite good enough then so be it but it doesn't mean they should give up what they love doing.
They're playing grade for the MWRLFC and there's plenty more that haven't even made that level. I'm sure they live the dream but are also realistic too and are at least getting paid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing us beaten soundly either but the NRL is where you're judged and earn your $$, not Ressies or Club Championship. As long as the players know their role in the organisation and are honest with themselves then that is all that matters.

Yep that makes sense too Stu...perhaps a few guys in our Reggie's aren't quite up to 1st grade and are content to go along, get a reasonable level game of footy, and earn their minimum wage.
Bringing guys in like Hodges, Rudolph, Sao,Chee Kam etc...you would think was with an eye to 1st grade eventually. Add youngsters like Jake T and Gutherson, to name two local juniors, there would be a hope or expectation that most guys in NSW Cup are a chance of stepping up.

But I agree...some never will quite get there.

Jonesyv2 said:
Manly NSW cup side beat Norths, as long as this happens every season i don't care about anything else. They have done their job in my books.

This ^ plus at least win enough games throughout the year to not qualify for the wooden spoon at season's end.

Pepi said:
I personally do not think they are poorly coached, I know nothing about their coaching ability. I am not a master coach or "technical coach" as some people around think they are.
Simply relaying a message - from a player not in Willows team.

I don't "think" I am I know i am the one and only "Technical Coach", well the last time I checked my log in details it stated so.

StuBoot said:
True, River Eagle & manlyfan76 but NSW Cup is as good as some guys will be and they may be happy with that.

Look at our reggies this week as an example.

Only Wolf, Blair, Symonds and Hasson are up to regular NRL standard.

Rudolph, Sao, Chee Kam, Hodges are "potentially" future first graders so the jury will be out for a while. Chances are only one of these will "make it".

I can't see Harrison getting a run this year unless we're desperate and if Lauaki and Iosafa see first grade then we've been smashed with injuries.

The other guys, obviously haven't stood out to me so...

I don't doubt the pride factor but sometimes no matter how hard you play or how hard you try, if you're just not quite good enough then so be it but it doesn't mean they should give up what they love doing.
They're playing grade for the MWRLFC and there's plenty more that haven't even made that level. I'm sure they live the dream but are also realistic too and are at least getting paid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing us beaten soundly either but the NRL is where you're judged and earn your $$, not Ressies or Club Championship. As long as the players know their role in the organisation and are honest with themselves then that is all that matters.

I like the club stalwarts who play for the love of it. Blokes like Ed Planten, Peter Cullum etc who rarely saw 1st grade but played for about 20 years in reggies.

JP Cherry was another. I believe a relo of DCE - see it is worth having those blokes on board.

Every reserve grade coach, has the same issues, being limited by the head coaches plans, be it developing a player in a different position, having to adopt patterns of play, loosing and gaining players at the last minute. It is part and parcel of life as a reserve grade coach. Non of which stops Willow's job being to also win football games.

I'd just like to see the club pay a little more attention to the lower grades. Let's take the NSW Cup side on the weekend. The inclusion of an experienced NRL player like the Wolfman made such a difference to that team of youngsters. That old head out on the field, is invaluable in developing the up and comers. Did you see Wolfie barking instructions and then repositioning the defensive line, when the jets had an injury when the game was in the balance towards the end of the game? It's just a shame Gutho wasn't out there to listen and learn.

On the flip side when the eagles look so un-fit that they wanted to walk not run in the last 20 mins. One does wonder about the coach.

No fitness is largely Donny's domain, and apart from Epa L who landed very late, most blokes would've had a preseason.

Don't think lack of fitness is the problem...Maybe just attitude sometimes, and that's where Willo would have a bit of a say somewhere.

Overall though they're playing to impress Tooves ( and Penna n Georgealis) surely?

And, they did have another win the other day so good luck to em.

I watched that game and our players looked fitter than Newtown. Towards the end of the match they were slowing down the play protecting a lead, not because they were unfit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6