a question to our kiwi contingent....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Do they still show Manly games on Maori TV?

Only ask because they (Maori TV) just picked up the rights for Super League.

They did for the past 2 seasons, don't think it will be happening this year and the time slot they used for it will be filled by the 2nd Super League game

eagles2win said:
Do they still show Manly games on Maori TV?

I doubt they would , it was Graham Lowe who come up with that concept .
If he was still with us they might have signed on for another 2more years.

KE, We used to have good support in NZ, is this still the case since the recent success of the Warriors?

Not sure what we have in terms of a scout network over there, but I'd hope we will set up a really good one as the talent coming out of NZ is amazing. Those kids are big, strong, fast have great ball skills. Just look at the Warriors juniors over the last few years.

Like to hear your thoughts?

I know we had a member from NZ sign up for the Country Wings Challenge to recruit us more NZ fans!

Thank's Larissa, It's pleasing to know the club is always looking outside God's country for members. I guess what I wanted to know is what sort of representation we have in both the North and South Island of NZ picking and recruiting these young players. What is the scope of our network? Do we have one?

Cleal had a massive country network that delivered some big names. Obviously he is now enjoying Smacko's with De$

Would love to see Manly get the cream of NZ juniors and develop them.

Is this a focus for the club as way of bringing youth through and devoloping them into seasoned first graders.Seems NZ just keep producing these Kid's of massive potential

Unfortunately I'm not across the work Dave Warwick and his team does in terms of recruitment. Next time I see him I'll ask.

Looking forward to getting to NZ in a few weeks. Once upon a time I lived in the South Island!

Manly Magic said:
KE, We used to have good support in NZ, is this still the case since the recent success of the Warriors?

Not sure what we have in terms of a scout network over there, but I'd hope we will set up a really good one as the talent coming out of NZ is amazing. Those kids are big, strong, fast have great ball skills. Just look at the Warriors juniors over the last few years.

Like to hear your thoughts?

Wouldn't say we have massive support anymore, just the same as most other sides really

Down here not everyone supports the Warriors, vast majority do but in my group of friends we have a Raiders, Panthers, Sharks and Roosters supporter.

All the NRL sides have a presence here, especially at all the Under 16 and 18 type tournaments

Speaking locally I know that Brisbane and Melbourne used to have a deal with the major league high school in Christchurch, and the Sharks have a link with 1 of the top club sides

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2