a question for those who were at the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
watching the game on tv i was wondering how small/big the 10mtrs. was at times, then post match 2v made reference to it as well(he said if there was an olympic event for the 10mtr sprint we would have been watching some gold medal efforts out there tonight!).
but there was one point after a stoppage when the berries had the ball on the 35 and the ref had us back on the 20!

They pushed the 10m and when they were not penalised early on they got quicker off the line.

The match was adjudicated like a a SOO. No offside penalties. We were crowded. But that should have allowed us to grubber behind their defensive line. We didn't execute well, and rushed things.
You'd think that by the 'nerves' we showed that we were the team without any finals experience. Attacking wise it was a really shoddy effort.
If we can progress from here victory will be even sweeter.

Guzzler said:
I'd actually like to know if our fans ( uses term loosely) behaved themselves

only saw the trains getting beaten up a bit and barring 1 supporter who wanted to punch on with the transit cops because they had a go at him for jumping the fence at Lidcombe everything was ok on my trip home

The Who said:
The match was adjudicated like a a SOO. No offside penalties. We were crowded. But that should have allowed us to grubber behind their defensive line. We didn't execute well, and rushed things.
You'd think that by the 'nerves' we showed that we were the team without any finals experience. Attacking wise it was a really shoddy effort.
If we can progress from here victory will be even sweeter.

Yes no ten metres and lying all over the tackled player

I thought we were back playing the 5m rule. Was a joke. In saying that we were poor and lucky to only lose by 6.

Guzzler said:

Some like to bark when Canterbury score. Wish I had taken a box of snackos with me ;)

I left right after full time. Manly boys looked in a hurry to get off the ground...Did anyone who stuck around see them thank the supporters?

Yep..offside all night for me - saw a few shots on the tele where they were clearly in front of the referee. They seemed to be up in our faces all night.

They were in our faces and lay all over us...no penalty until one of them fell asleep. I thought our scrambling defense was good. If Whare had of tackled Morris instead of running alongside, the score, even. That said, we played poorly in attack and can raise that. All good for going all the way. It's a loss that will serve us well.

the mauler said:
I thought we were back playing the 5m rule.

There's actually a telegraph article on this stating that Toovey will be accused of whinging again after a loss again but that he might have a point about the 10 metre rule last night.
Honestly I thought the dogs played better but it would have been a different situation if the forward passes got pulled up and the 10 metre rule was enforced. But I'm not dismissing the fact that our boys needed to be safer with the ball.

Pretty well behaved in the GA area behind the posts. I dont understand why 3 Dogs supporters had to sit in the Manly GA section a few seats down from me, they were by themselves and not with Manly friends so i would have thought security would have moved them on like they did with a few young bulldogs supporters pre game.

Hey Castle Eagle,

Was at the game and could clearly see that there was a number of occasions the dog poohs were not back the 10. I am happy to admit my dedication to Manly is strong and that I can be perhaps biased at times. But there is no denying what went on with the dog poohs and the 10m rule not being adhered to. They were then, all over our players in moments, it was very frustrating to see. And what did the refs do about it, nothing, zip, nadda..!!

Guzzler said:

There was a huge melee in the Southern (Dogs) end during the game that got sorted by about a dozen Security Guys.
This was pointed out to me by Dogs Fans in the Members area.

The 10 metres are almost non existent nowdays.
What I noticed was how many Dogs were in our attack line waiting for an intercept - Brett delivered two:dodgy: - and DCE never thought to chip kick :s

It was a typically intense semi, the atmosphere was great and Manly Fans knew as well as the Team, that Manly lost the game themselves.:-/

des knows that playing offsite against us is the best way to shut us down. He suffered the problem when he coached us and knew exactly how to beat us. Bigger problem was the refs just gave it to the dogs by letting them get away with it. dogs did their job (cheating) the refs did not do their job

I was more annoyed by their lying all over us in the tackle compared to them getting back the 10. I didn't really notice it too much. What about the forward pass they missed prior to the first try??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8