A pen for the CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frogz link said:
Why cant their be a tickted membership offered for the hill...ticketed members dont have to have a seat do they?

Couild have a good spot designated on the half way for this, \"season ticket holders on the hill\"

? There is already mate?

I purchase a ticketed membership pass each season for me, my mate and the kids.

We stand pretty much on the half way line and have an excellent view (You can stand where you want on the Hill already (within reason)

Vid, I thought the same as you, but upon re reading it, I think the proposal is that there is an area on the hill marked off for season ticket holder, not just get there early to get the prime spot that happens now

Would be too hard to police I think

But Vid i was told they dont add up in the tickteded members tally that we are trying to improve. We have no more seats we can sell so sell some standing up space

All the members could meet in a phone box ;D Let's be serious the ground was good in the 70's and 80's now it is a joke of a ground.Don't get me wrong I love the old girl but in 2010 it just don't cut it and replacing some old seats and fixing the dressing rooms hasn't hidden the fact that it is very tide and very old.If we ever want to improve our membership I'm afraid to say we have to get governments to spend millions on it (which they won't) or we have to move.It has been proven in the last 5 years when we have been relatively successful that people won't wear the facility's anymore

The Wheel link said:
Just a few thoughts from me about things we could look at to incease the attractiveness of membership;

• Members night with coach/ceo etc, includes a Q&A session.  Possibly for Gold only?
• Post match dressing room access for new and existing members (ie 2 categories),  A weekly draw to get a winner
• MWTV for members only and would include Interview with Des and a few players in the dressing room etc.  Also a mid week segment after the team has been named – this could also cover injury updates etc and a preview of the up coming game
• Post match functions be restricted to members only, maybe even fan days?
• A members only ‘bar’ at Brookie – maybe a marquee or something like that on game days.  Discounted beer, past players interviewed etc
• Out of town members could go into a draw for a ultimate footy experience trip to Brookie or Sydney game – spend the day with the players, dressing room etc etc

great ideas Wheel, especially that last one.  As an "out of Towner" I get two free entries to game one each season.  It is very hard for me to get to that game.  However if the tickets could be used for any home game that would suit better so as to allow me to better arrange a game through the work year

reyam link said:
All the members could meet in a phone box ;D Let's be serious the ground was good in the 70's and 80's now it is a joke of a ground.Don't get me wrong I love the old girl but in 2010 it just don't cut it and replacing some old seats and fixing the dressing rooms hasn't hidden the fact that it is very tide and very old.If we ever want to improve our membership I'm afraid to say we have to get governments to spend millions on it (which they won't) or we have to move.It has been proven in the last 5 years when we have been relatively successful that people won't wear the facility's anymore

can stop the fact what we have is what we have....We cant just give up and let it go elsewhere, one day it will get better.

We gotta make the most of BRookie and teh supporters

ps...and you should see the pens ive sent lowey.....huge pens for huge contracts

If the club were to divulge all information to members.....i believe that Vossy said once he was a member of 15 clubs and excluded souffs because they only sold ticketed membership

If they were to give all the info to all the members,who knows what scum could be paying for a membership in our ranks and get inside the seige mentality that Des and the others have built theyre success on

Shane link said:
If the club were to divulge all information to members.....i believe that Vossy said once he was a member of 15 clubs and excluded souffs because they only sold ticketed membership

If they were to give all the info to all the members,who knows what scum could be paying for a membership in our ranks and get inside the seige mentality that Des and the others have built theyre success on

Don't need or expect ALL the info to members, but how about SOME information?

I don't think any member would expect that they would be privvy to inside information such as proposed team changes, tactics etc. However some communication on player injury updates would be handy.

There was one idea that the Cowboys had which I thought was a nice touch and showed that the members mattered. When Thurston announced his decision to re-sign with the club he "personally" sent every member an email letting them know before it was released to the media. It only needs to be half an hour or so before the official announcement to the media, but it shows that the members are appreciated and that they deserve a heads up before everybody else. I thought that was good and something Manly could definitely look at for signings news or other important announcements.

I like the monthly members only merchandise discount offer they have instigated, that's a good idea. I don't know whether the club have control over merchandise pricing or how the whole thing is set up with the NRL, but I find it very difficult to get my head around the fact that you have to pay a premium to buy merchandise from the very place that owns the rights to the name/logo/colours etc.  Surely the club should be able to at least match the pricing of other retailers, if not better them for core items like jerseys. I'm all for everyone supporting the club and buying through them, but it is hard when you can buy jerseys from other retailers, and over Ebay for significantly cheaper.    

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Vid, I used to get those emails from the club but haven't received them for a long time now, I had assumed they had stopped sending them out
I don't get them either and I'm fully paid up.  I've never een a Des' diary or anything like that.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183856.msg272227#msg272227 date=1278493526]

Vid, I used to get those emails from the club but haven't received them for a long time now, I had assumed they had stopped sending them out

I don't get them either and I'm fully paid up.  I've never een a Des' diary or anything like that.
[/quote]

Do they have your current e-mail address?  Have you changed it since you first took out your membership?  That's the only thing that I can think of as to why you haven't been getting them.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183856.msg272432#msg272432 date=1278587040]

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183856.msg272227#msg272227 date=1278493526]

[/quote]

Do they have your current e-mail address?  Have you changed it since you first took out your membership?  That's the only thing that I can think of as to why you haven't been getting them.
[/quote]

You may have even ticked the no correspondence box?

I'm getting about three emails a week from the club. I have logged in at mwse and there is an Account Details button where you can check your email address is correct and then a whole section devoted to the subscriptions you can say yes or no to. Cheers.

Cheers MB, I will go and check that out. All my details are identical to last year so no idea why that has changed

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6