A note to Des Hasler and the management team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Many of us here have been die hard Manly fans for a long, long time. In my case 50 years.

We've been through enormous highs and naturally the lowest of lows. Thankfully the latter has never lasted and we've recovered as champion clubs do.

Des you of course know this as well as anyone given your esteemed playing and coaching career at the club.

I realise it's only round 4, and we've played 3 of the elite top 4 teams. Of course we've also played these games without a fullback and a hooker, arguably now the two most important positions on the field. On top of that back we've suffered back row injuries to Siro, Davey and Olakau'atu leaving us threadbare. Any team would suffer up against all of that.

However it's not about the fact we've lost these games, fans are ok with gutsy losses. It's the WAY we've lost them, and the blowout scores with defence that is completely unacceptable for a Manly first grade team. A team that looks mentally shot after 20 minutes.

Moving forward there's just TWO things we'd like to see:

1. The best 17 players selected who are the ones to build our future (even if that means trying hard but losing)
2. A coach who's not afraid to drop players who are either out of form, out of position, or simply not contributing

To that end, this is the team I'd like to see picked tomorrow afternoon, and why:

1. Tom T - we shouldn't be afraid to rotate him with Funa
2. Funa - hasn't let us down before, can cover FB too
3. Harper - impressive back end of last year, deserves his chance, and also FB cover
4. Walker - pressure off from FB
5. Tuipulotu - we need size and speed on the wing
6. Schuster - Joey Johns said on Thu night Josh MUST be the ball player (and not making 35 tackles)
7. DCE - needs all the help he can get and Schuster is the future
8. Aloiai - the best prop to date, must start
9. Cust - every man and his dog knows Cade is by far the best option who must play at least 60-65 mins
10. Taupau - needs a hard as nails partner like Josh A
11. Sipley - we desperately need size on the edge
12. Saddler - happy to swap with another Blacktown name if there is a better option (until Siro back obv)
13. Jake T - should he be the capt and let DCE get back to his best?

14. Foran - should only be used EXACTLY like Benji for 15-20 mins only (unless injury)
15. Paseka - sheer size and impact off bench
16. Keppie - ditto Paseka
17. Gosiewski or Ben Turbo or Suli (as edge forwards who can also cover centre)

DROPPED:
Parker - ball handling and defence must be practised at Blacktown
Suli - unless he can play 2nd row like a Joey Leilua
Saab - great kid but clearly not ready for first grade yet
Croker - had chances but unfortunately not a first grade player
Boyle - same as Croker

As said, losing with heart and guts is totally fine. But capitulating is not ok.

Please, let's do this now before it's too late and we are 8 losses down.

impressive - maybe lillchip could be offered a 'fans consultancy role' at the club - how innovative and cool that would be too - the club could be the lead on this and actually take clearly rusted on and passionate fans seriously by actually giving this fan a paid role (and lillchip clearly has a very astute understanding of 1st grade reality) - why not?

impressive - maybe lillchip could be offered a 'fans consultancy role' at the club - how innovative and cool that would be too - the club could be the lead on this and actually take clearly rusted on and passionate fans seriously by actually giving this fan a paid role (and lillchip clearly has a very astute understanding of 1st grade reality) - why not?

Because opinions are like arseholes.

Everyone has one.

Everyone has one.
Given that our players have been torn new arseholes for the last four weeks (I'm assuming they had last year's tears surgically repaired in the off-season), they must have a hell of a lot of opinions.

Many of us here have been die hard Manly fans for a long, long time. In my case 50 years.

We've been through enormous highs and naturally the lowest of lows. Thankfully the latter has never lasted and we've recovered as champion clubs do.

Des you of course know this as well as anyone given your esteemed playing and coaching career at the club.

I realise it's only round 4, and we've played 3 of the elite top 4 teams. Of course we've also played these games without a fullback and a hooker, arguably now the two most important positions on the field. On top of that back we've suffered back row injuries to Siro, Davey and Olakau'atu leaving us threadbare. Any team would suffer up against all of that.

However it's not about the fact we've lost these games, fans are ok with gutsy losses. It's the WAY we've lost them, and the blowout scores with defence that is completely unacceptable for a Manly first grade team. A team that looks mentally shot after 20 minutes.

1. The best 17 players selected who are the ones to build our future (even if that means trying hard but losing)
2. A coach who's not afraid to drop players who are either out of form, out of position, or simply not contributing

To that end, this is the team I'd like to see picked tomorrow afternoon, and why:

3. Harper - impressive back end of last year, deserves his chance, and also FB cover
6. Schuster - Joey Johns said on Thu night Josh MUST be the ball player (and not making 35 tackles)
9. Cust - every man and his dog knows Cade is by far the best option who must play at least 60-65 mins
12. Saddler - happy to swap with another Blacktown name if there is a better option (until Siro back obv)

14. Foran - should only be used EXACTLY like Benji for 15-20 mins only (unless injury)

DROPPED:
Boyle - same as Croker

As said, losing with heart and guts is totally fine. But capitulating is not ok.

I was with you until I seen your backrowers.. two middle forwards on both edges.

DROPPED:
Boyle - same as Croker

Talk about stealing my turbo funa swap rotation,or is it great minds think alike I been a endorsement of this for ages as stated previously

Talk about stealing my turbo funa swap rotation,or is it great minds think alike I been a endorsement of this for ages as stated previously
Funa has been there or thereabouts for me since half way through last season. Saab has been tried (and found wanting for now) and Funa deserves a spot in that backline. Tom won't be picked this week so I have him at FB. (Walker to centre). We all know that won't happen, so unfortunately the he will be in 21, but that's it.

DROPPED:
Boyle - same as Croker

F*CK YEAH!!

That is my team that I would like to see... I would swap Saddler with Guac if available but otherwise this would make my Tuesday and, whilst it may need to go through an adjustment period b4 the team gels, I would be confident that this team was a positive step forward...

...but Tuesday will be the standard changes to cover injuries and nothing to see here...

Bit of a dick post this one. No credible supporting information as evidence. Just reposting someone else's phrase/cliche as a truism. Which it's not actually. Try some originality of thought instead. Just saying.

Would you like me to post my fairytale, pie in the sky 1-17 as supporting evidence?

We see 5 thousand "teams" posted on here every week.

Like I said, opinions are like arseholes. We all have one......only Dessies counts at this stage.

Would you like me to post my fairytale, pie in the sky 1-17 as supporting evidence?

We see 5 thousand "teams" posted on here every week.

Like I said, opinions are like arseholes. We all have one......only Dessies counts at this stage.
Actually opinions change, assholes are pretty constant. Just like our teamsheet will be tomorrow ....... excepting changes forced through injury, and a sacrificial Saab.

Everyone has one.
Crikey Mave isn't the whole idea of a Fan Forum to express opinions?

That's all I'm doing, so I'd rather constructive responses rather than the 'opinions are like arseholes' comment.

As it happens, moments after I uploaded my original post, James Hooper on NRL360 said:

1. Cust MUST be the no.9
2. Schuster MUST be the no. 6

I'll leave it at that!

That's all I'm doing, so I'd rather constructive responses rather than the 'opinions are like arseholes' comment.

As it happens, moments after I uploaded my original post, James Hooper on NRL360 said:

1. Cust MUST be the no.9

I'll leave it at that!

And 99.9% of ST posters, including myself, agree with you.

1. Cust MUST be the no.9

I'll leave it at that!
James Hooper is fuchken tool..but i like what he said there.

Everyone has one.
84a50e917c35c978e9220c5c6928d841.png

Yeah nah

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10