A new year begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Silvertails comment peice on the start of pre season training

http://www.silvertails.net/news.php?extend.992

Good work mate

but it should be 60th year, not season as we didnt play for 3 seasons due to supercrap

That's what Manly is about is it not - Excuses.

It's unutilised salary caps;
It's over achieving;
It's contract negotiations;
It's re-building;
It's injuries to key players;
It's monetary problems;
It's super league;
It's The Bears fault;
It's poor lighting;
It's in house politic problems;
It's the judiciary;
It's a lack of commitment;
It's poor funding from leagues club;
It's the Central Coast;
It's Brett Kimmorley
etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..

Catch my drift. It's never just the team / management not performing, thus being able to be held accountable.

Manly have the second worst record in the NRL apart from Souths since 1997.

The Bears NEVER had a run this poor. By the way, when Manly won the premiership in 1996, The Bears were in the major Semi Final. They were also in the major semi the year they were punted from the competition. Bulldogs versus Bears at North Sydney Oval. Jeez - a home semi final. Imagine that !!

*drools*

It's over achieving;
It's re-building;
It's monetary problems;
It's super league;
It's The Bears fault;
It's poor lighting;
It's the judiciary;
It's the Central Coast;
It's Brett Kimmorley

Catch my drift. It's never just the team / management not performing, thus being able to be held accountable.

Agree with this, but not the rest of your post.

But most clubs use these excuses, still not good enough for Manly though

It's over achieving;
It's re-building;
It's monetary problems;
It's super league;
It's The Bears fault;
It's poor lighting;
It's the judiciary;
It's the Central Coast;
It's Brett Kimmorley

Manly have the second worst record in the NRL apart from Souths since 1997.

The Bears NEVER had a run this poor. By the way, when Manly won the premiership in 1996, The Bears were in the major Semi Final. They were also in the major semi the year they were punted from the competition. Bulldogs versus Bears at North Sydney Oval. Jeez - a home semi final. Imagine that !!

*drools*

agree with most of it apart from the final bit of dribble. The bears never ever, ever won a GF. Pretty mediocre imo!!! you keep on mentioning how good the bears were in comparision to Manly. Well I like to win competitions, no prizes for being knocked out before the GF.

Garts - I never say The Bears are better compared to Manly. As a club, Manly have always been much more efficient & strong. What I do say though, is that while everyone keeps saying The Bears suck, or The Northern Eagles venture didn't work, the Bears WERE competative, and regularly in the finals (unlike Manly in the past 8 years except 2005), and like it or not, The Bears are now part of The Sea Eagles history.

What I CAN say, is that The Bears last years of existance are a hell of a lot better than the Eagles last 8 years of existance.

I wonder what it would be like if it were the Bears that survived The Northern Eagles venture, and The Eagles were scrapheaped.

Honest opinions. Would you give up footy all together (do you enjoy the game as a whole), or would you go for The Bears, like I wholeheartedly do with the Eagles, or third, would you follow a different team all together?

you keep on comparing the 2 clubs Ryan. And yes the Bears were competitive but never won anything and are no longer around. So why keep benchmarking Manly to Norths when they are dead?

The Bears last years of existance were better than Manlys previous 8 seasons on the field, no doubt about it however the Bears back of house was not in order either, but what good is it to dwell on this?

As for my honest opinion on supporting Norths if they survived, I honestly am not sure what I would have done. I probably would not have supported Norths and taken a intense disliking for them, I would have still followed league as a sport but would not have had a team to call my own for while.

bears won premierships in 1921 and 1922. Went a long long time without one though. Yes, i was a bears supporter then a supporter of the joint venture and now i go for manly whole-heartedly.

The Bears also went bust - Manly never did but instead were sucked in by the promise of big bucks in the merger that wasted the lot of a spirit-less/heartless venture!!!

This is silly. Norths are dead. Long live Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2