A new season begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Time to dust off the gear.
Season starts in two weeks for us.
Anyone picked up a bat or ball yet?
Anyone going to the world cup?
I'm going to Aus v SL at the SCG. Should be a cracker.

Had about 6 weeks of training so far and 1st Pre Season game on Sunday and season proper kicking off next weekend

I haven't gotten any WC tickets as yet, with the bastards stealing our home ground from us thought they might flick is some freebies but no sign of them yet lol

Nice.
You are way too professional for me KE.
I will try and get down for a hit on Thursday before the first Saturday.
But that's doubtful. ;)

I've skipped the first two preseason net sessions. I have a limited number of good shots and wicket taking balls in my arsenal, I'm not going to waste them on our rabble of a team. Might get a ball machine session or two in before the comp starts.

I've got tickets to the Aus v SL game as well Clint. Looking forward to it.

Chip and Chase said:
I've skipped the first two preseason net sessions. I have a limited number of good shots and wicket taking balls in my arsenal, I'm not going to waste them on our rabble of a team. Might get a ball machine session or two in before the comp starts.

I've got tickets to the Aus v SL game as well Clint. Looking forward to it.

Lol. I'm hearing you mate.

1st hit out yesterday. Playing a massively understrength opposition so we hammered them by 100 runs in a 30 over match

Bowled ok but no wickets and got my 1st 6 of the season away so happy enough with that

Highlight of the game was our opening bowler farting as he jumped up to bowl, saying pardon me as the ball was on the way to the batsman who then edged it thru to the keeper

Kiwi Eagle said:
1st hit out yesterday. Playing a massively understrength opposition so we hammered them by 100 runs in a 30 over match

Bowled ok but no wickets and got my 1st 6 of the season away so happy enough with that

Highlight of the game was our opening bowler farting as he jumped up to bowl, saying pardon me as the ball was on the way to the batsman who then edged it thru to the keeper

haha - PMSL. That deserves to go in the RL forum KE where more people can appreciate it. :p

Does he have a particularly woody sounding fart ?? That's a step up from the first slip finger clicking as the ball passes the bat.

lol, nice one ke.

We try to match cricket season here....with the southern hemisphere one.

which means the field is always covered in snow.

Which obviously leads to all of us going inside to drink.

And watching the cricket on tele!

win-win!

Our game 1st up was a debacle !!

Went back to 2nds, captaining the side, won the toss and put them in, 4 overs later 22/0 and things are looking great, then all of a sudden we were 38/6 ! Scraped together 146 and then dismantled the other side for 30 and 57, lot of younger guys that weren't really up to the grade, and a 2 day game is finished an hour before stumps on day 1

3 with the stick for me, sawn off by our new pommy player, ripped thru them with the pill taking 5/7 from 8 overs and 1/13 in the 2nd. Could barely walk yesterday after 13 overs lol

Probably back up to Prems for day 2 of their match next week, gonna be a tight one. They made 72 then we replied with 82 and they are now 127/5 with Chris Harris at the crease. We lose 3 of our top 5 batsmen to rep cricket next week so will be a tough chase

Gotta love first games of the season when everyone is seeing it like a pea. We start this weekend and I'll be happy to get bat on ball to be honest.

We started with a win. Our batting wasn't too bad for first game of the year and we posted a competitive enough total. Our bowling is our strength and we rolled the opp for less than 100 in reply.

We have now completed 2 x games. 1 win, 1 loss. A few one-dayers to start the season.
We got out of jail in the first game. Chasing 232 our skip scored 141no to see us home. Needless to say the rest of us contributed very little. :blush:
We got skittled for 130odd chasing 224 on Saturday.
Hopefully we can put up a bit more resistance this Saturday.

globaleagle said:
noice! How'd YOU go??

Let's just say I bettered my average from last season. The fact that I only just scraped into double figures might give you some indication of how I went with the willow last year.

Don't bowl as a rule. Did take a nice catch though.

Chip and Chase said:
globaleagle said:
noice! How'd YOU go??

Let's just say I bettered my average from last season. The fact that I only just scraped into double figures might give you some indication of how I went with the willow last year.

So fill me in C&C. What is it exactly that you bring to the team? :p

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:
globaleagle said:
noice! How'd YOU go??

Maybe he's the wicket keeper? Or has a nice butt!

Double figures.....how I miss thee!

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:
globaleagle said:
noice! How'd YOU go??

Purely there for my mental disintegration skills. I also make my team mates look like real cricketers.

GE I have been known to keep in the past, but too hard on the old knees these days, even in a 50 over match.

Chip and Chase said:
Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:
globaleagle said:
noice! How'd YOU go??

Purely there for my mental disintegration skills. I also make my team mates look like real cricketers.

GE I have been known to keep in the past, but too hard on the old knees these days, even in a 50 over match.

Lol. Can totally relate to that C&C. I definitely can't bowl, and whilst I used to keep, like you my knees won't allow me to anymore.
I averaged about 18 last year, so to be honest, I don't know why they keep picking me.

Been an absolute nightmare as club captain this week ! 2 of our lads have made the Canterbury side, our clubs best player has thrown his toys and gone to another club and 3 other guys are unavailable in Prems so I've been trying nearly every number in my phone to round up enough for 2nd and 3rd grade !!

We are in the middle of a pretty good game, we made 254/7dec and they are 82/3 after 31 in their 1st innings. Starting an hour earlier due to rain last Saturday afternoon

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2