A memory that will last a lifetime

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Lads

I think this is perhaps the ultimate experience for any Manly fan. After what our coach described as one of "our best ever wins" I had the rare privilege of joining the boys in the dressing sheds for a rousing rendition of the team victory song.

Entrance to ground: Free
Food and grog all afternoon: Free
Singing the victory song with the team: Priceless

I shall share more reflections at a later date.

in the meantime:

EAT YA HEARTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk: :drunk:

This is where I need an emoticon that slowly turns green.

Did you revv King up before the game???? Did you get his autograph.

(He went okay!!! :lol: )

So did you call Kingy soft like you promised or did you go soft yourself?

PS Dressing room is old hat - I did it last year after the corresponding Penrith game so I am not as jealous as some others.

Yep, King went OK as did the others, but for him, one game doesn't make a season. Kite was terrific, imo the man of the match, although he did leave a hole for Campbell's last try. Even Matai passed the ball once and didn't rush up too many times. Creary's smashing at the end of the game was really special. He must have got a real kick out of it. Burns was excellent although he could have got more support as Pritchard and the other heavyweights ran at hime continually. A great team win, one of the best I've seen.

You should have seen the look on Creary's face when his big hit was shown on the big screen back at the club on the Foxtel replay.

It would've been great in there Mata....I still remember sneaking into the rooms when I was about 8/9 years old with my brother and cousin...we got to sing the team song with them (admitedly we hummed it) and remember Rowdy Shearer telling Debbie Spilane to F%$@K off out of the dressing room!

Onya champ. Will be looking forward to more reflections.

You've inspired me to sneak into the nest after a win.

Yeah, last year when i went to the Manly V Bronco's game.. i got to go in there!!

It's awesome!!!!

I got in there the year before too when we beat Wests Tigers at home... it's good having contacts 8) 8) 8)

hahahaha

Would have been awesome mata

Welcome to the "I've been into the dressing rooms after a game club".

This was after our win in Canberra last year which put us into the semi finals for the first time in many years.

MVC-569F.jpg

And that must be king... icing his shoulder after bumping it on the door frame on his way to run onto the ground.

It is like a war zone in there after the game. Ice everywhere and most of the blokes hobbling around. I won't go into too much detail about the placement of the ice packs for fear of tipping the Eels off to our injuries.

It was very interesting to see the royal treatment that Orford gets. Seems like he has is own personal minder, which is probably fair enough given he's a $500k per year investment.

Monaghan was left to fend for himself, smashed up nose and all.

I am positive it must be one fantastic feeling being there after a great victory, but hanging around Kingie in his underpants just doesn't do it for me :) :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4