A lot to like

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
What a win today !! A lot of good signs in it

We were nowhere near getting a decent run from the ref, and still turned up and hammered a good side

I loved the physicality of our game today, reminded me of a lot of our early season stuff. Everyone played their part in the win and it was a great team effort, the defence let in some tries but there was a lot thrown out of it as well. The forwards were enormous, not 1 of them can be faulted, and Lyon is a freak

The most exciting part of it for me is seeing 2 of our most crucial players really starting to ramp up their form, Watmough and Kite. 1 or 2 holes can be picked in Choc's game, but he was dynamic today. Kite had a blinder last week and was great again today, when on song he is a massive part of our side

All of the front rowers were good today, even Perry. Rose looked good when he came on too. I love seeing a bit of aggression in our pack and it was back again today

Foran had a ripper, outside of a few of his kicks. Hodkinson, I will give a massive rap for that pass to Lyon, outside of that was ordinary though

Killer, what a freak. In the words of the 12th Man "I wanna boof him, get him up here". **** he is class.
Matai, a lot will be said about him haha. Had a terrific game on attack and in defence. A bit of a brain snap after farah lay down like a cat, but i still love the passion in it. If he gets cited for it that will be a joke

Farrar and Robbo are solid and consistent every week. Tony was a bit quiet, but a couple of really good efforts today. He went 100% in 1 of his hitups and **** he took some stopping, earned us a penalty and we scored our 1st try off the back of it. With about 5 to go I enjoyed him running at Farah and giving him a big **** off as well haha

All in all a damn good effort from our guys and we are right in the hunt, 1 win out of 2nd spot with the Panthers fading and our differential is far superior to the sides around us bar Brisbane. We are placed nicely

Been a while since I have been that pumped up during a game, hope the neighbours weren't home when Matai was binned and then Stewart went in, I lifted the roof haha. Probably lucky I wasn't at the ground today, would have been tossed out I think lol

We played well today accros the park. I thought Ben Farrar was very good at the back.
Cannot stand that springboard Farah. Every week, same bloody thing. takes a dive, get's the penalty and hops back up again.

We didn't really ley up in the second half, so great stuff and some good signs.

It was a great effort. We had 13 players playing against 16, and the refs and video ref did as much as they could to let the Tigers over the line. I mean that first try for the Tigers was offside. Benji was in front of Marshall and ran for the ball, so where is the downtown rule now?

And those bullsh*t penalties giving the Tigers a leg up and all the ball in the first 17 minutes, but the guys showed real resolve and played some good footy.

A brief summary of my view on the 17 today:
Farrar - was good in defence and attack. Was more involved today in attack and led to us scoring some tries out wide.
Robbo - quiet game both in attack and defence, and made a mistake of not passing to one of the 2 free men for that run in the last 5 minutes.
Lyon - what can I say. In my opinion was man of the match.
Matai - had a better game in attack and was his usual brutal self in defence.
T-rex - did some very good things in attack and ran the ball hard. Most of his runs made metres.
Foran - probably his best game since the Dragons game. Will get better.
Hodko - Stewart took pressure off him but still threw crucial passes close to tryline when needed.
King - was in everything. Harshly done by to get penalised a lot.
Ballin - was good, but if he was better, the scoreline could have been anything.
Perry - improving since we bagged him the last few weeks. I think he really wants to go to UK a winner.
Choc - another good performance and better defensively.
Rodney - our Mr reliable.
Stewart - was impressive. Some of the tries we scored was on the back of him throwing good passes to get guys over.
Kite - who says he is past his best. The sleeping giant is awaking.
Rose - good game.
Galuvau - when he came on he did his fair share.
Bailey - Good last 6 minutes. Don't know if he touched the ball though.

Now for the Knights next week who will be missing a few players through injury so we need to blow them apart.

Just viewed the Matai incident again, Kite showed a real cool head and some leadership during that. Matai wanted to go on with after getting binned and Kite got beside him and got him off the park

Will also add that I liked seeing Ballin doing something out of dummy half again today

yeah top game to watch we gave them nothing, i didnt listen to it on the radio decided to just watch it on 9 without knowing the score , was pleased but damn there was some moments(just good that benji couldnt kick a goal if his life depended on it gave them less confidence)..  but we played the whole 80 like we use to before the 09 season, something i was very happy about , need to keep it up for knights , & have to win atleast 1 out of the saints storm matches .. if we do that i cant see us losing the last few games left.. top 2 seems reachable...
we ended their 4 game winning streak beauty.. ;)
GO MANLYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

Great win by the Eagles. Nothing to fault today. I think we still had some more tries in us. If we can maintain our intensity and focus over the next few weeks we are geniune top 2.

How much better do we look with a fit J Lyon?

Great synopsis Kiwi. I loved that win in so many ways, and you nailed them all except for a lack of Stewart love.

Tbh, he was my man of the match. I was overly critical of him a few months back. I was harsh on him because I know how good he can be.
But he's back baby.

They're just a completely different side with Lyon on the park. He is a freak. Best game i've seen from Choc in a long while. And when you see Kite getting his second-phase play going, you know it's going to be a good day.

Volley link said:
Great synopsis Kiwi. I loved that win in so many ways, and you nailed them all except for a lack of Stewart love.

Tbh, he was my man of the match. I was overly critical of him a few months back. I was harsh on him because I know how good he can be.
But he's back baby.

Spot on mate, I shouldn't have forgotten about him. He even looks more aggro at the moment and was hitting the line with more force today

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2