A little whisper!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The trouble for inglis is: thanks to the nrl, he thinks he's bulletproof.

Masked Eagle said:
BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:
Well Tom Symonds on the wing seemed a little odd...great utility but outside back he can get away more with a centre position.
If ppl recall back to young Hoppa, was not the biggest built player on debut but could handle the contact of top grade ok.
Gutherson will be similar imo, not to compare them but he would go well if given a chop on Sunday.
Gutherson and Hoppa were similar build but was'nt Hoppa more physically stronger MK ?

I don't think they were that similar. Gutherson still looks slight in the 20s but Hoppa was physically dominant at that age group.
Young Hoppa had immense strength. Wasn't he picked to mark Inglis in Origin? And Vatuvai in the grand final?

BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:
Well Tom Symonds on the wing seemed a little odd...great utility but outside back he can get away more with a centre position.
If ppl recall back to young Hoppa, was not the biggest built player on debut but could handle the contact of top grade ok.
Gutherson will be similar imo, not to compare them but he would go well if given a chop on Sunday.
Gutherson and Hoppa were similar build but was'nt Hoppa more physically stronger MK ?
Yeh Hoppa would have him covered with strength mate but was that same gangly style build.
Have seen Gutherson a few times & he is in that special class for his age, knowing how to position himself to avoid massive contact.
Imo he would handle it but the 1 who knows best is Tooves, so if he doesn't get a run, just means he needs that extra off season to add some kegs....

The whisper is getting louder...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-coach-geoff-toovey-to-rest-sea-eagles-big-guns-in-round-26-match-up-with-penrith-panthers/story-fni3gnk5-1226713156816

Blowfly said:
Don't shoot the messenger if not true but thought you all might be interested in a little whisper I heard today from a well placed source.

He hasn't been named as maybe Tooves wants to protect him but I'm told Clinton Gutherson was/is being considered for a wing spot this weekend v Penrith.

Nice work Blowfly.

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:
globaleagle said:
Actually, I think the time has come where society now does indeed shoot messengers!

Enough of this immunity b/s!

Down with messengers! - (or so I heard)

Can we still have the Dally M awards at least??:(

lol, well yes......but we can shoot them.

Especially if Josh Morris gets Dally M Centre of the Year Award over Killer (like last year)....what a joke!

Blowfly said:
The whisper is getting louder...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-coach-geoff-toovey-to-rest-sea-eagles-big-guns-in-round-26-match-up-with-penrith-panthers/story-fni3gnk5-1226713156816

Wouldn't mind seeing Gutherson get a run, but not sure about Trbojevic yet, even in a dead(ish) game such as this. Props, in particular, need that bit of extra time and, as promising as he is, I think he'd be out of his depth in NRL at this stage. We'd be better off with Sao if we're looking at resting some forwards.

Good point about Sao. But one thing I have noticed with Tooves this year he has given pretty much given all the fringe players run. We have seen Skinner come in when Hasson or Gower were available, then the next week Hasson in the side. I dare say Tooves wants to see how he handles NRL to assist in recruitment in the future. From what I have seen he can handle one game. It gets hard on front rowers if they are in week after week.

I can't understand this second-tier salary cap situation, so I welcome an explanation...
Other clubs, (such as Tigers, Penrith and Canberra) have been refused permission to bring up Under 20 players because it "breaches the second tier cap". How come we can bring up two Under 20 players?
Are they part of our top 25?
Every year almost all clubs use more than 25 players in a season so obviously they need to recruit from below.
Can anybody enlighten me?

Maybe Kite and Rose will be rested lol

Hamster Huey said:
MK Eagle said:
Yeh Hoppa would have him covered with strength mate but was that same gangly style build.

Strange. Neither look Korean, to me. :huh:

Are you China be funny? :p

Garts said:
Good point about Sao. But one thing I have noticed with Tooves this year he has given pretty much given all the fringe players run. We have seen Skinner come in when Hasson or Gower were available, then the next week Hasson in the side. I dare say Tooves wants to see how he handles NRL to assist in recruitment in the future. From what I have seen he can handle one game. It gets hard on front rowers if they are in week after week.

Good point, if you think back about Lawrence he started on fire then struggled for a bit mid year in his first full season. I think its a great idea from tooves. I am also of the opinion that good players coming through the ranks will get hungrier given a little taste and hence train harder in the off season. I would have like to see Sao play 2 or 3 games this year but his suspension probably killed another appearance a couple of weeks ago.

When I was in Canberra Turbojet warmed up with the first grade squad, the only bloke bigger was George, the guy is huge and I really hope he doesn't get much bigger. He will be better for the run and we will see him next year probably as 6th drop basically Georges roll this year.

The Who said:
I can't understand this second-tier salary cap situation, so I welcome an explanation...
Other clubs, (such as Tigers, Penrith and Canberra) have been refused permission to bring up Under 20 players because it "breaches the second tier cap". How come we can bring up two Under 20 players?
Every year almost all clubs use more than 25 players in a season so obviously they need to recruit from below.

I think the difference with us is that we haven't used as many players because we haven't had as many injuries (and most of them have been to the same players) and also that most of the players we have used have actually been in our top 25.

The Who said:

I was chatting to a couple of Holden Cup players at the Leagues Club last night and I asked them this question. They said that if Manly were playing against a team that was still in the running for the finals they wouldn't have been allowed to play. The Tigers got permission for Luke Brooks to play against the dragons but not against Souths for the same reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8