A line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Well, with the origin players being out and the injuries to a couple of players we have gotten the chance to see some premier league players come up and prove themselves!!

So with that i thought i'd jot down a team that i reckon we should line up every week (if possible)

1. Brett Stewart
2. Micheal Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Steve Matai
5. Chris Hicks
6. Travis Burns
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Micheal Monoghan
10. Mark Bryant
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shane Dunley
15. Kylie Leulai
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Stewart

I have stood up for both Jason King and Luke Williamson alot of times on this site... but i believe that this has to be our form team... perhaps JK could slot in instead of George Rose?? Mark Bryant is out-playing JK every week and should get his just rewards for that... Luke Williamson has been solid but he's not playing alot of minutes and not adding a real impact.

Glenn Stewart has been given his chance at the top grade and his proved himself worthy of a spot IMO.

Any thoughts people??

Spot on Notz.

If you noticed Rose last night he nearly always got us over the advantage line and rarely got pushed back when taking the ball up.

He is the big body that we need to get our go forward happening. he appeared slightly fitter this week and if he can get more mobile than he will be a handy player of us.

Glen Stewart offers a lot more than Willo and should take his spot on the bench.

King is better than Rose. Rose defence isnt as good as King.

I agree about Stewart over Willow.. Stewart 41 tackles 70 metres or so plus a try last night. brilliant effort.

Bryant is a machine. Sensational effort. Watmough was strong and lead by example.

Monas kicking game is underated. His long kicking game is absolutely brilliant. Hes got a massive boot and always gets us out of pressure with a big kick.

Orford was alot better last night.. hopefully he can keep it up.

Glad to see Stewart back and Hicks in great form.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Micheal Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Paul Stephenson
5. Chris Hicks
6. Travis Burns
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Micheal Monoghan
10. Mark Bryant
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shane Dunley
15. Kylie Leulai
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart

didnt see last nights game - was away otherwise would have been at brookie but dont forget that the storm were depleted in the forwards as well as back - 3 of their best defencive forwards were missing.

Still comments on watmough, bryant and stewy2 are certainly warrented.

Id run with

1. Brett Stewart
2. Micheal Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Paul Stephenson
5. Chris Hicks
6. Travis Burns
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Micheal Monoghan
10. Mark Bryant
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Adam Cuthbertson
15. Kylie Leulai
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart

What would happen if monoghan got injured fluff??

same could be said about other players.

I dont know Fluffy.. i dont think Cuthbo has impressed for a top 17 at fullstrength. He is a fair bit off i think.

i have seen his ability and feel he plays nervous. He should have had this experience under his belt last year but Des was too scared.

I think once he gets settles he will become a very good player in our top side.

Feel free to chuck in Styles based on his debut form

Yeah, I'll pay it Fluffy. That's the side. Cuthbertson's spot is very debatable though, as mentioned.

Here's my now full strength side:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Chris Hicks
03. Steven Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Michael Robertson
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Mark Bryant
16. Kylie Leuluai
17. Glenn Stewart

Reasons I have come to this teams selection.

1. You have to partner a class centre like Bell with a class winger, so you have to combine Bell and Hicks.

2. Matai is a power centre, so you'd have to have the fastest winger next to him to capitalise on the mini breaks he makes when powering through the defence.

3. Burns and Orford should not be broken up. The thing I like most about these blokes, is that they don't injure too easily (touch wood). I WOULD like Burns to be able to offer more in attack, and also be more consistent, and also give away less penalties, but who better to be next to to learn that than Matt Orford?

4. I actually think the players are motivated by King for whatever reason. They all call him a leader, and he has been improving out of sight this year. He has also been selected for rep footy again. Those things to think of, he should retain his spot.

5. Monaghan / Dunley combination is working full stop. When Dunley retires, Ballin can come into the mix. This is the basis of our structure, which I believe is our biggest improvement area this year.

6. Back row is self explanatory !!! Hehehehehe....

7. I have selected Glenn Stewart over Willow, and the other props for various reasons. One, he has a slight combination going with Brett running wide. Happenned in 04, and is happenning again. He can offload. Willow doesn't. He has diversity. Glenn can play centre, lock or 2nd row. Willow actually beats him in the diversity stakes. That said, in what I have seen of Glenn , he adds impact, and has defenses thinking twice on what he's going to do. On Willow, they just aim up, because he is a tad unodimensional. I didn't pick a prop for the last bench spot, because you need a backrower to replace 11, 12 or 13 at any time, and Bryant / Leuluai are definite bench players.

I also said this in another thread:-

Man - o - man: I really feel for Cuthbertson. I honestly don't think he is naturally a prop, and I'm SURE they asked him to bulk on the weight for this through the off season, because he was a heck of a lot thinner, and quicker last season, and also excelled running very wide as a transition to the centres.

Sorry for rambling guys. It's just good that we are able to be positive, and I intend to soak it up (while we have it !!!)

G Stewart should be in the side getting some game time. When BK retires next year we will have to replace him with someone, and I don't think that it is going to be Willo, so surely give Glenn as much time in firsts this year so he can learn from the master. Same goes for Cuthbo....I also don't think he is a prop-more likely lock/2nd row.
My bench:

14 Dunley
15 Bryant
16 Leuleui
17 Stewart/Cuthbertson

I think 1 to 13 picks itself, but I like this Bench

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Mark Bryant
16. Kylie Leuluai
17. Glenn Stewart

If the club is serious at finding a replacement within the club for BK. Glen should be given more game time.

Is Paul Gallen off contract? He would be a great replacement for BK, not as expensive as someone like Creagh or Pritchard but just as good imo.

see dunley appears in almost every side i think hes reached his used by date.
Monas was an 80 minute halfback cant see why he cant play 80 at hooker he was our best hooker.

I would keep williamson on the bench for one reason and thats his utility value. 3 forwards and willow.

Stewart could do the same role of Willow. He could fill in at 5/8 just as well as Willow could, could play hooker just as good as Willow could. He is just a better all round package.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4