A Kid for the future = Ben Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Ben Daley
After a glittering junior career including winning the Under 19 World Championship in 2006, bad luck with injury restricted his time on the field with the Reds Academy.

With his injury woes hopefully behind him, Ben came into the Reds squad for 2008 as a rookie prop, keen to learn from the likes of Wallabies Greg Holmes and Rodney Blake.

He earned his first Reds cap off the bench in Queensland's end of season match against Japan in November, 2006 and got his next big chance towards the end of the 2008 season, making his Investec Super 14 debut off the bench against the Crusaders.

He was also a member of the 2008 Australian Under 20 side.

The son of Australian Rugby League player Phil Daley,  Ben has represented at both codes. Ben is studying law at Bond University. 

Stats correct as at 16/6/08

Position Prop
Date Of Birth 27/06/1988
Place of Birth Sydney
Weight 108kg
Height 1.84m
Club Gold Coast Breakers (Surfers Paradise RC)
School All Saints Anglican School
QLD Caps 2
Qld Debut vs Japan, November 2006
QLD Points 0
QLD S12/14 Caps 1
QLD S12/14 Debut vs Crusaders 2008
QLD S12/14 Points 0
Nickname: Dales
The best advice I've ever received is: If you want to become Number 1, you've got to train like you're Number 2
My pre-game routines/rituals include: Banana sandwich as a pre-game meal, listen to music, have mid-morning sleep
The meal/food I am best at cooking is: Banana sandwich, Steak
When I was a kid I wanted to be: Pilot
Favourite rugby player when growing up: Carl Hayman
My sporting (non-rugby) hero is: Michael Jordan
Outside rugby I support: Manly Sea Eagles (Rugby League)
I would most like to be stranded on a desert island with: Monica Belluci (Italian actress)
Biggest influence on my career: Dad (Phil)
If I didn't play rugby...: I'd be studying full time at Uni
Favourite movie: Rocky
Favourite holiday destination: Casuarina Beach
Favourite rugby ground: Millennium Stadium

Matabele link said:
Wasn't this the kid that Phil Daley famously left the NSW Origin training camp to see get born?
I am pretty sure you are right on that. 87 was the year that Daley was in the Origin squad for most of the 4 games including the one in LA, and of course Manly did okay that year in the Premiership race.

Phil was totally hopeless and I'm certain there was a smell about his selection.  Wasn't his old man a long term administrator with the club?  I seem to remember that through the haze.

Doug Daley was the CEO for a while and also a former 1st grade player & committee member.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4