A Grade Result - Cliffy still setting up tries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
Ventured up to Harbord Park on Sunday to watch Valley take on the Narraweena Hawks .

Narraweena - 28
Valley - 2

Cliffy Lyons & Jim Serdaris played strongly for the Hawks & Josh Stuart was one of Valleys best. Lyons is still amazing to watch. He set up 2 tries & bamboozled the valley players with his running/passing game. Serdaris made some good bulldozing runs. A couple of high shots in this game would have copped 4 - 6 weeks in the NRL , but just worthy of a running caution & penalty in A Grade. Whenever Manly aren't plaing on a Sunday , anyone in the local area should make the effort to get along to an A grade fixture . The games are always intense & entertaining.

How old is Cliffy ?? My guess would be 43.

I remember the good old days when "Serdaris to Lyons" was going around. Serdaris gave his all to Manly, but boy could he make you nervous with some bonehead plays. It never amazed me how many times he would think it was a good idea to do a chip kick on the 3rd in our own 20, with Manly up by 2 points! But great player.

Remeber that time, I think it was against Canberra. Manly were attacking and got a penalty. Serdaris used to do those kick taps, well he took a quick one and kicked it straight into the arms of a Canberra player. One of the funniest bits of plays i've ever seen thinking back now. All you could do was laugh, and I still do thinking about it.

All the greats play for Narraweena at some stage!
Watched the GF last year, Cliffy doesn't even have to do much, the opposition just stand back & watch him in fear, just like the old days.

Chuckwood - How was last Friday night mate? Sorry I couldn't make it. Family event.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4