A good thing we clocked off in the 2nd half.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The 2nd half clock off will give the coach plenty of ammo to fire up the team for next week even if it is against the eels. But then again when was the last time Manly put a team to the sword.

The 40-0 GF and that was a few years ago.

The boys at half time in the sheds were carrying on like they won the game !

I believe as a coach you need to get their attention and refocus each individual as if it is 0-0 and have a game plan for the second half

We need to be clinical !

The boys at half time in the sheds were carrying on like they won the game !

I believe as a coach you need to get their attention and refocus each individual as if it is 0-0 and have a game plan for the second half

We need to be clinical !
I agree kingy, I am not getting to excited the last four matches have being against teams that are useless.

T
Unfortunately Nathan Brown had already used that "it's 0 - 0" cliche to fire up the Knights for their second 40, so Baz was badly unprepared with a back up cliche. I think he could have run with "start again" or "let's win the second half" for example - can't be too harsh on him in his rookie year, but it is an area of his coaching that needs work.

36-16 is pretty dominant mate. Winning by 20.
As soon as some heard Lyon was out yesterday some would be done big hand stands for 1 point win.

We win by 20 (don't forget 10 of their points were scored in last 3 mins) and there are still some saying it was rubbish....

I was unhappy leaving Brookie last night after watching a dismal second half effort. Today I feel totally different. Reality is the players have a short turnaround before the poxy eels on Friday night and to expect the players to commit to playing with a high of level intensity in the second half yesterday (like they did in the first half) is unrealistic and unnecessary. As Ryan said a 20 point win is a very good win.

The 2nd half clock off will give the coach plenty of ammo to fire up the team for next week even if it is against the eels. But then again when was the last time Manly put a team to the sword.

The 40-0 GF and that was a few years ago.
The Broncos at Gosford last year.

The last 2 weeks 2nd half performances confirm that the team is not a semi final team yet. The team need to learn to be totally ruthless. There have been chances to absolutley bury their opponent and they have not gone on with the job. It is a learning cuvre and that is something to build on for next season
A big improvement ,and given the year we had that's all we can expect.

Despite everyone's excitement at the possibility of us making 8th position, if we did we'd be cannon fodder for any of the top 4 or 5.

BUT to give them credit they have come a long way and I'm really happy with that.

For 2017, short of a replacement for Lyon at 5/8, and possibly another decent forward if any are left without a contract, and as long as Skivvy is returning Willyarmy can move to the wing.

I'd use the remaining cap to ensure we don't lose any that we want to keep.

36-16 is pretty dominant mate. Winning by 20.

Yes it was dominance in the first half but they slackened off in the 2nd half and it's not the first time. Remember we were up 20-0 against the riff and blew it. If we didn't clock off just in that game we probably would be in the top 8 now.

26-nil at half time and we should have done what the Raiders did, but I guess that's the difference between a top 8 team and not.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6