A good nights sleep to think about our halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Ive watched the 13 odd games and I think wing could be a great spot 4 him.

look at el masri and luke covell, both great kickers like witty and not exactly flushed with speed, witty is also a great tackler so our defence out wide would be solid.

All year we have talked about giving him time etc but compare him to moran and sutton last night witty hasnt got the attacking skills to be a 5/8, yes he tackles well and kicks great but he CANNOT give our centres quality ball and thats what a 5/8 does!!

Yes, I know I have been a critic of him but except for his great kicking of goals and stiff defence I doubt u can say anything positive about his attack during the year.

Remember the Raiders had monas at HOOKER, we at present have witty at 5/8 who is a half and monas a 1/2 who could being playing dummy half.

Monas attacking presence has been picked by all coaches, he runs with ball in 2 hands crab wise and chucks a dummy, when he does pass it, its too flat and we knock on

this is probably why we score off kicks in goals than players thru a gap

Monas 9, Witt 7, Mullane 6.

This time last year I nominated Sutton as a player we should sign and was roundly panned. I believe Sue mentioned something about a "fat retard".

Seems like Sutton has come good. Though that sort of thing can be very temporary at Souths.

last year you also said Mullane should never play again.. now you want him in the side.

Since your bringing back the past to make yourself look good.

sorry i cant write to your intelligence level Mata.

Let me rephrase.

Since your bringing back the past... ( You saying about Sutton being good ) to make yourself look good that you spotted a talent....

Im bringing up the Mullane issue from last year.. where you didnt rate him and now you suddenly do...

Does that make sense? Ill make sure i skip a few Manly games so i can go improve my english skills such as yourself.

I said last year that Mullane needed a decent stint in PL to justify any confidence being shown in him in 1st grade.

I think that combination would be worth a try, don't you?

if i said that i wholeheartedly take it back.probably based it on the fact he played centre mainly last year and souths have a propensity to thrtow up lookalike young blokes who invariably fail.this bloke is very,very good.

Giving Mullane a go is worth a shot at some stage, just not right now. I'd like to see how Monaghan & Witt bounce back after what happened as they seemed to be getting something happening 'til Saturday. Alberts coming into the side may help them look better too. And moving Monaghan to hooker would undoubtably see Chad dropped, after his best performance in some time this is not the week for that.
Good idea though, Mullane may offer some much needed variation.

If that occurs Duff (Monas to Hooker) would we need Dunley in the team if Willow is there as well. You don't want THREE Hookers in the team. I also think Willow is a necessity. Maybe that's why Dunley hasn't re-signed yet. He would be on good dollars too.

I don't really see Willo as a hooker though. He, like Sam Harris should be used as a ball playing forward. We could still use Dunly as an impact player & move Monas back to half some of the time & Mullane or Witt can play in the backs if some reason requires it. (injury, variation, whatever). The thing that the great Manly sides all had in common (defence aside), was creative players in all sorts of positions, not just 6,7,9 & 1 or 13. So, the more the better I say, at the expence of Chad though.

I would want to mullane at 5/8 once with Witt at half and once monas.

That way you can see how each operate with a genuine 5/8 option.

Good theory Fluff but mid-season tinkering is a dangerous path to go down. Decisive moves are OK but planning to run different combinations for an ongoing period causes confusion. It would take more than once to properly guage.

Like Tooves mate. He was SOOO diverse & skillfull. Hmmm, your probably right come to think of it. All the great sides DO have skillfull 1/2's. This is AE, so I can be honest with what I hope for for next year with our playing roster, so here goes:-

1 - buy Braith Anasta
2 - buy Shaun Berrigan
3 - buy Luke Bailey

4 - release Chad Randall
5 - release Daniel Heckenberg
6 - release Shayne Dunley
7 - release Phil Morwood
8 - release Jim Curtis

I would LOVE to keep Dunley, but I'm thinking 1, we'll need the money for those other players & 2, with Monnas at Hooker, we probably won't need a back up Hooker (same as Buderus with Newcastle), and we could use Ballin if the need be. It would be a side like this:-

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Ashley Alberts
5. Chris Hicks
6. Braith Anasta
7. Michael Witt
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Monaghan
10.Luke Bailey
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Steve Menzies
13.Ben Kennedy

14.Luke Williamson
15.Kylie Leuleuai
16.Sam Harris
17.Jason King

Dreams dude. Way too expensive.
Hecks over Kylie any day. Don't trust Anasta, his head is all over the place & would be disruptive. Berro would be great but can't see him leaving bannanaland for anything we could afford. Yeah Bailey would be an asset. I just couldn't justify losing Dunley. He plays like a man posessed, wouldn't be on that much money & keeps coming back to Manly, he wants to be here.

agreed duff,dunley wouldnt be on big money and is a handful 20 mins to go in each half.must keep in my eyes as long as the contract size is reasonable.

Volley _ I thought the same thing with the cap, but consider we were possibly in the market for King / Orford. Then consider what Chad Randall ,Daniel Heckenberg, Shayne Dunley, Phil Morwood & Jim Curtis are on. I tell you this, Randalls contract was rather large because when it was put together, the team was playing very, very badly, but Randall was playing above the rest.
I think it could be done. Remember, we used $800k unspent towards Kite & Kennedy, so month byu month NOW, they wouldn't be costing as much as you think.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4