a few observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
1. a great win with a decimated side against a full strength cowboys at a bogey venue.i was a doubter because i had been up there the previous five years and come away dissappointed.happy to eat humble pie.they showed real grit i reckon.hats off to chock,stewart,hodkinson,whare,kite,lyon and williams in particular.

2.huge debut by whare.has real strength and poise by the look of it.will need him in coming weeks

3.great to see the porky one back even with a wok in his shirt.he will be great for us.

4.strange to hear very little anti manly stuff in the commentary other than townsville born tallis and the the muppet queenslander phelan.daley and co were strangely neutral for once.

5.there seems to be a few quite willing to give hodkinson a knock already.surely they realise what a tough gig being a new halfback is.he has won 7 from 9 and made city ffs.

a little bit of history- have a look around the nrl over the last few years.do the names -dureau,walsh,tim smith, lui, seymour,porter,hunt,herbert,mcrone,sandow,that wierdo from penrith with the white hair- come to mind.all have struggled. and some have improved a little.
of the next brigade pearce and mortimer have done well but mortimer is seriously struggling second year in.pearce has played well but his team has always struggled.soward has taken forever to reach his current level and was sacked by roosters.

of the topliners thurston had 2 years on the bench or in reserve grade for dogs before getting to his current dizzy hieghts.he was not an instant success.prince was a work in progress for a few years as well at cowboys and broncos.cronk had a nice apprenticeship under orford at storm.

the mere fact that we have a 34 year old known choker as current blues halfback suggests producing a modern half is no easy feat.

hodkinson is going good and needs to be cut a break.nine games in first grade is nothing in terms of developing a half.he must be pleasing someone if the bulldogs want to shell out so much to steal him off us.

very hard markers indeed.

Getting a top flight halfback is a huge task and very hard to achieve as you say sue. I was thinking exactly the same thing and you can add Ox to the list. It takes a number of seasons for a halfback to really stamp their mark.

That is why looking to someone like Hodkinson and a long term plan someone at the club has to bite the bullet and make a decision. There is so much to like with his play even though 9 games in is no measure. A very large back-ended contract makes sense to me and based on games played would work.

I don't know who had a go at Hodko but I agree he has been tremendous for an NRL newbie. Caught Zorba on radio saying he hoped he stayed, so hopefully the Dogs story is not a done deal yet. Money is money but he has been doing so well with us that it would be a big call for him to leave that behind.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Caught Zorba on radio saying

But the big man hasn't found time to respond to the forum concerns of our friends over at MWSE?

Hodkinson showed his value and maturity late in the 2nd hald hen he put in some driving, long kicks to the garss and at times into touch.  Orford would have been doing his little coat hanger dinkers down the fullback's throat. 

When all around hime were losing their heads, Hodkinson kept his.

The things I like about Hodko:-

1. His potential upside, and man, there is HUGE potential in there;
2. His combinations with Foran Legion;
3. His defense is A-class. As good as some of the great halves;
4. He just appears to have heaps of time on his hands most of the time;
5. He seems to fit in our culture. Hard working.

Now, he is bound to have a few more quiet games as a rookie. Lyon / Hodko are a great foil (not Lyon gets in there and kicks when requires).

I WOULD like to see Hodko speak up a bit more, but I understand that may be difficult with King / Lyon as Captains, and Foran Legion being a talker - as well as guys like Choc and co. who speak up. I just hope Des tells the players to listen to the guy point players around.

I recall watching SCSE last year on tele, and he really pointed people around, and did it ****ing well, so more of that please.

Ryan link said:
I recall watching SCSE last year on tele, and he really pointed people around, and did it F**king well, so more of that please.

Are you JT?

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183447.msg264638#msg264638 date=1275274168]

I recall watching SCSE last year on tele, and he really pointed people around, and did it F**king well, so more of that please.

Are you JT?
[/quote]

**** no.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=183447.msg264643#msg264643 date=1275274950]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183447.msg264638#msg264638 date=1275274168]

Are you JT?
[/quote]

F**k no.
[/quote]

Not enough F**k's in the sentence to be JT

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8