A dark observation!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I see we are excited and expecting/hopefull of a win against Parra on Sunday, especially now that Hindmarsh, Fui Fui and Vella are out. Obviously they need to shut down that little Tim Smith, will he feel the preasure?

But how often over the last 10 weeks have Manly managed to lose such games that we expected to win?

You see I also think Manly can win, for this reason alone I’m concerned.

Does Dessie and the team have it in them, to win this game?

I am not sure whether we are expecting to win but rather hopeful they we will give it a good shot. Having 3 forwards out has even it up a fair bit but Parra still should be warm favourites playing at home.

I think we do. On our day we have one of the best forward packs. 5 decent props on the bench.

BK Watmough and Beaver all great players. Brett Stewart is a match winner. Monas behind a strong pack can play like he did last week.

Dunley sparkled with a 80 min game. I hope the forwards step up. If they do we can win.

Main thing is we need to have above 80% completion rate and some decent amount of possession and we can compete and if its tight after 60 min you never know.. the longer the game goes on and the tighter it is.. the pressure will be on Parra and Timmy Smith.. rather than us.

Most of Parras tries come from Tim Smith so he is obviously the player that manly need to pressure the most on Sunday.

A couple of teams (Newscatle being one) have pressured Smith this year and he has not handled it well.

Manly need to run all their forwards at him all game and chase him every time he gets the ball so as cut down his option time. A bit hit by Kylie in the first 20 minutes wouldn't go astray either.

does anyone ever get the feeling Byso was a sex in the city fan?

From being tortured by vicky owning the DVD's I have noticed that thi sis the common theme half way through each episode

- explain some scenario and background then ask a question like

Do Dessie and the team really have it in them, to win this game?(sic)

:cop:

does anyone ever get the feeling Byso was a sex in the city fan?

From being tortured by vicky owning the DVD's I have noticed that thi sis the common theme half way through each episode

- explain some scenario and background then ask a question like

Do Dessie and the team really have it in them, to win this game?(sic)

:cop:
Another one of your constructive posts champ, you're on fire :bdh:

I couldn't help it it was just so cosmo/sex in the city.

You might as well have just posted

Cliche` post:

so <* insert cliche here>?

But yes I think dessie nad the team have it in them, as long as they name the right team

as of 5 minutes ago parramatta were $3 to win the flag with darwin .we are $126.i admire your confidence but "expecting" might be going a touch too far. i would expect parra to start around $1.10-$1.15 to win the match on sunday.

ryan ,i hope that was sarcasm and im sure it is..didnt you want des sacked last week.we beat the team who ran second last and now he can lift us to a win?i have always thought des will end up a good coach and have the utmost respect for him but what has changed YOUR mind!

Dan, fair enough from now on I'll run my threads through a cliche check. I'll get CW to check them as he's the King :)

Dan, fair enough from now on I'll run my threads through a cliche check. I'll get CW to check them as he's the King :)

if you do that who will i make fun of? it is hard work finding a new target and trying to locate all their buttons

Wouldn't the kylie hit be a good thing to see. Lines him up from 15 metres. Out of the game. This week is in deed very nerve raking.

he got hit hard twice in quick time on friday and kept going no worries. Still, it has to have some effect.

Given the good result this week our forwards might have the confidence to step it up to the next level. IF we do that we are a chance, and underdogs will help

For the life of me i cant find that Button in Microsoft word :lol:

hi sue - well I guess the main reason was that i couldn't see des hasler changing the losing culture. At the start of last year des promised that if we didn't make the finals this year, he would step down. I didn't think we'd make the finals this year, and where accountability stands, I thought Dessy wasn't the man for the job in this instance. BUT, he has proven me wrong, and we have made the finals, and Dessy has fulfilled his publicly announced projections.

I STILL question Des Haslers ability to get the most out of his players consistently, and I also disagree with many of his decisions:-

Extra running forward;
No recognised goal kicker;
9 losses from 10 starts.

I guess if we lost on the weekend, I would have considerred us as not improving after two years. The win means we have. I admit I death rode the guy - but I was wrong.

Now - I expect further improvement next year. I know it's a lot to ask for, but I'm selfish.

sue - I guess it all came down to physical reality versus projection. One game ago I thought that was a dismal failure due to trend. This week it was a success.

I know it's weird, but that's why I changed my opinion this week.

Plus I wanted to be a little more positive...HeHe.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2