A couple of non-Manly rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
1. Kerry Stokes is prepared to pay at least $1-billion for the NRL rights for the Seven network if the League agrees to have a team in Perth by 2015, of which he will sponsor.
2. Jennings going from Penrith to the Dogs, with the Dogs letting Morris return to Illawarra. That's not smart recruitment from Dogs imo.

Source is a media friend from WA.

Just what we need, another team mired in conflict of interest where the owner is involved in the administration and/or braodcasting of the game. Haven't we learnt anything from the News Ltd experience ??

As for trading Morris for Jennings ? Not sure, both good players. Morris seems a bit more switched on attitude wise, but maybe he isn't happy if he wants out to go back to the Merge.

Disco said:
If the Dogs can afford Jennings then that will deadset do me

$700 000 is the value of his 2013 contract penrith only want to pay 200k of that.

Jatz Crackers said:
That 7 rumour wont fly.

I disagree. Kerry Stokes is the only private FTA mogul that has stations coast-to-coast. The Seven Media Group owns all the Capital Stations. Nine and Ten aren't owned by the same group in all capital cities. This would make a lot of sense and, with the West Australian also owned by Stokes it has a lot of grunt to it.

I don't see this as a bad thing either. Unlike in Melbourne, Rugby League would get a fair shot in the papers, and Kerry wouldn't get the same power that News Corp has had, because he doesn't own a share of the competition.

Also, News Corp don't own any share in the Competition anymore either, so we'll start to see the weight pulled by Melbourne and Brisbane subside over the next few years as the Commission gets control...including Gallop not having his contract renewed in 4 years.

I think it would be the greatest result for Perth and support it if it happens.

I can DEFFINITELY confirm that the Morris rumour is not true from the man himself.

He's looking forward to playing alongside Tony Williams next year and in the future.

MrInvisible said:
I can DEFFINITELY confirm that the Morris rumour is not true from the man himself.

He's looking forward to playing alongside Tony Williams next year and in the future.
You really think players tell the truth about their contract negotiations to their fans. Think again. Every player that has left Manly has said they want to stay, doesn't always work out that way champ.

torana355 said:
MrInvisible said:

You really think players tell the truth about their contract negotiations to their fans. Think again. Every player that has left Manly has said they want to stay, doesn't always work out that way champ.
Did I say it was mentioned to me as a fan? Because it was not.

1. Josh issued a media statement about playing with Tony W.

MrInvisible said:
torana355 said:
MrInvisible said:

What did you expect him to say?? Yeh I'm leaving and don't want to play alongside trex. Please.....

MrInvisible said:
torana355 said:
MrInvisible said:

Problem Josh has is that he obviously trusts Des and co.

Good luck with that.

MrInvisible said:

You really think players tell the truth about their contract negotiations to their fans.
I love it how you are different. Players don't reveal stuff to fans but YOU KNOW. The HUBRIS is enormous!!!!

Canteen Worker said:
MrInvisible said:

You really think players tell the truth about their contract negotiations to their fans.
I love it how you are different. Players don't reveal stuff to fans but YOU KNOW. The HUBRIS is enormous!!!!

Boom. Cw 1 mrs 1 nil

Canteen Worker said:
MrInvisible said:

By hubris you mean Stevo's Penis don't you? lol

Canteen Worker said:
MrInvisible said:

I commented about Tony W not being on the "reported" salary the Bulldogs have snared him for.

I'm also commenting re Morris, and I also called Hasler long before his move (others can vouch that on here).

Not to mention I've mentioned on here before knowing people from Bulldogs and Manly.

http://www.titanmanagement.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=73

Note that both Morris and Williams, as well as other Manly players (and a good majority of Bulldogs players) are signed to Titan.

I'll let you put 2 and 2 together, but know that I do not work for Titan.

MrInvisible said:
Canteen Worker said:
MrInvisible said:

I commented about Tony W not being on the "reported" salary the Bulldogs have snared him for.

I'm also commenting re Morris, and I also called Hasler long before his move (others can vouch that on here).

Not to mention I've mentioned on here before knowing people from Bulldogs and Manly.

http://www.titanmanagement.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=73

Note that both Morris and Williams, as well as other Manly players (and a good majority of Bulldogs players) are signed to Titan.

I'll let you put 2 and 2 together, but know that I do not work for Titan.

Hi David!!

Perth is a given be it the Sage bid or the WARL(my preference - hoping Stokes is involved with this one) bid.
The only other thing now is to sort out who comes in with them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4