A Brett Finch Classic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Parramatta five-eighth Brett Finch has labelled the Eels backline the most talented and entertaining in the NRL ahead of Saturday night's home clash against Cronulla.

The third-placed Eels have produced some of the most scintillating football of the year in their pursuit of a first premiership in 21 years.

The side has suffered from inconsistency at times, but when on song Jarryd Hayne, Timana Tahu, Krisnan Inu, Eric Grothe and Ben Smith have proved near unstoppable.

"I would say talent wise and for entertainment value it is probably the best in the competition," Finch said.

Backline tries in 2007:

Melbourne 68
Cowboys 61
Canterbury 55
Manly 54
Warriors 52
Penrith 51
Dragons 49
Parramatta 48
Titans 47
Cronulla 45
Brisbane 45
Newcastle 43
Roosters 42
Souths 39
Tigers 39

Apart from himself and knob jockey smith he is right.

put Lockyer and Thurston in front of that back 5 and it would be scary

Apart from himself and knob jockey smith he is right.

put Lockyer and Thurston in front of that back 5 and it would be scary

And add grothe to that list too. We showed him up last week as useless. After his first try he wasn't sighted all night except when Lyon ran bwtween him and Ben Smith for a couple of tries.

he can't defend and has the attention span of a gnat. He proabbly blames ADHD for his **** performances.

Finch hasn't a clue because he is **** too.

Ben Smith doesnt need to run far, he is the perfect foil for the others. Steve Bell isnt exactly Carl Lewis across the ground either.

Inu, Hayne and Tahu are special Players, and whatever you think about Grothe he is capable of some good play also.

Take the blinkers off boys, if they were in Maroon and White we would all be saying how good they are.

Fro, get real, Tooks is on the money. Smith and Grothe are poor defenders. Just look at what we did to both of them. Sure they can score the occasional try through sheer strength but they both go missing when under the torch. Smith needs to keep his tongue in his mouth and Finch's kicking game is very ordinary. Tahu is injury prone and plays hot and cold and Hayne is overrated, both in attack and D. Wouldn't trade any of them for any of ours, even Matai...... well maybe Matai.

Fro, Ben Smith is big and slow and gets carved up regularly be fleet footed players.

People say his defence is good, but he has the lateral movement of a bus. His combo with Grothe is shocking.

I would take Hayne and Inu out of that squad and that's it.

Tahu sooks way to much for mine. He sees an easier life playing the occasional union game. Maybe he's played under Supercoach Smith for to long.

Sundays match was there for all to see the 'most talented and entertaining eels backline'. What a joke, the eels are just a pack of wankers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4