A Bear Day to Remember

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
For all the old North Sydney Bear fans to day is a magic day - 100 year celebration of their last premiership. Yes the Bears beat the mighty rugby league powerhouse Glebe 35 to 3 in the Final.

The Bears supporters will celebrating long and hard - The phone box outside Percy’s will pumping!
EC5B79D6-3B4D-46E2-897D-9393B26C3B85.jpeg

This should really be counted as a manly premiership, because the norths district covered all of the beaches.

This should really be counted as a manly premiership, because the norths district covered all of the beaches.
Problem with that - two of Western Suburbs’ four premierships (1930 and 1934) pre-date C-B’s and then Parramatta’s entry into the competition.

Both of those clubs were once a part of Western Suburbs’ junior league catchment, along with St George before them (1921 entry) and ultimately Penrith.

Do we really want the Dishlickers and the Squeels claiming 10 and six titles respectively?;)

Problem with that - two of Western Suburbs’ four premierships (1930 and 1934) pre-date C-B’s and then Parramatta’s entry into the competition.

Both of those clubs were once a part of Western Suburbs’ junior league catchment, along with St George before them (1921 entry) and ultimately Penrith.

Do we really want the Dishlickers and the Squeels claiming 10 and six titles respectively?;)
No we don’t. Good point. Also norths prob got a spoon or 2 that we don’t want.

First and last premierships in two consecutive years! I will sleep in my Northern Eagles jersey tonight with pride.

Will Billy be at the memorial?
Screenshot_20210924-114407_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jeez, I used to love going to bear park and watching Manly vs Bears. Such a good ground to watch footy.

A few beers before the game at the pub across the road? What was the pub called?
Just the North Sydney Hotel. Have had many a beer there. Usually the Rag and Famish before the game and this establishment after. Good times :) Saw a Waugh hit the ball out of the park in a state match v Qld. Was epic.

Jeez, I used to love going to bear park and watching Manly vs Bears. Such a good ground to watch footy.

A few beers before the game at the pub across the road? What was the pub called?
Percys aka North Sydney Hotel

If the Bears had Great Business People Like the Great Max Delmege and the Great Penns as owners

They would still be alive

If they didn
If the Bears had Great Business People Like the Great Max Delmege and the Great Penns as owners

They would still be alive
If they didn't have fckwits like Mark Cannon on their board of directors they may still be in a joint venture, how lucky were we

If they didn

If they didn't have fckwits like Mark Cannon on their board of directors they may still be in a joint venture, how lucky were we
Yes How lucky we are that Max Delmege and Mr Penn are not fckwits like Mark Cannon and his bear Mates

Percys aka North Sydney Hotel

My first thought was Percy's ..... thank you!

Loved that place before a game and after THE inevitable win.

Players used to always complain that it was like playing on concrete

Just to realise how bad the bears were 2 premierships from 1908 to 1999.

Now after the joint venture there's a really good bloke that posts here who was a bears man before 1999. You guys might know him @Merchant Of Doom so he's been a manly fan since 2003 and in that time manly have won the same amount of comps as norths did in 90 of years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4