• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
For the first time this season we did not play with 110% commitment for 100% of the game. Take those two soft tries we conceded from scrums out of the equation and add the number of tries we butchered and we should have won the game in a canter. Lyon's two missed goals were kickabe too and that was the final difference.

If anyone should cop the blame for that loss, it would surely have to be the captain?

Very frustrating. We'll need our heads screwed on for next week given the Raiders have trounced the Panfers. With several backing up from a rep game we can't afford another 90% effort.

i didnt like the option of the wingers/centers and even ballin giving it to the backrowers too often coming out of our 20. Both king and kite were there and ignored.

our set 1m out from our line in about the 3rd min set up the night, poor option taking.

Ballin a long pass right across the front of the posts, cannon fodder for the defence, and if once wasnt enough identical play from Orford next up. We make 20m on our set and Bowen returns the kick to the 45.

Orford made a big mistake last week, he shouldnt have said that he probably shouldnt be playing for another few weeks and was there to push his origin chances. After an effort like last night those sort of comments dont come off well, when a lack of fitness can be offered up for a poor game

our set 1m out from our line in about the 3rd min set up the night, poor option taking.

Ballin a long pass right across the front of the posts, cannon fodder for the defence, and if once wasnt enough identical play from Orford next up. We make 20m on our set and Bowen returns the kick to the 45.

Orford made a big mistake last week, he shouldnt have said that he probably shouldnt be playing for another few weeks and was there to push his origin chances. After an effort like last night those sort of comments dont come off well, when a lack of fitness can be offered up for a poor game

He butchered his Origin chances last night.

Dreadful effort from all of the team. Poor options in attack and defense was not good. Running laterally just didn't do it for me. Does Choc have to give away penalties? Ballin missed a tackle, led to a try as did some other culprits. I warned about Clark. Good to see halden get a try. Missed opportunity to go 7 from 7.

I agree we played poorly and didn't deserve to win but there were some positives:

- Cowboys would have beaten most sides in the NRL on that performance, so to get within 4 points was almost accpetable
- Our attack seemd a lot better we made a lot of opportunities against there defence which was fired up
- The effort probably ensured less players were picked for the rep games coming up
- A loss we had to have, some of the players might have started reading the papers to much
- Hopefully it will make us real desperate against the Raiders, I can cop a loss to the Cowboys away but not the Raiders

We definetely didnt have much forward momentum on the weekend and we struggled to get out of our 20. Clarke was fairly liberal with his 10 metres when we were pinned on our tryline but that is no excuse.

But our big fellas went missing that is for sure - however they were due for a below average game.

i Disagree that they went missing, i spent a good part of the game yelling at the tv saying give to king/kite when we were in our 20m struggling to get out but what did ballin to, gave it to stewart/watmough or a centre/winger. Or he would run himself, then orford came in to hooker and made the same ****e descision to stay away from out bookends. It was like watching randall's blinds side runs - they wont expect it again theory.

King made 90m from Hit ups only not other runs, kick returns etc, second in the match for both teams to watmough who made 100. So i wouldnt say he went missing on those stats either. Kite was down around 50m for hitups, well below par for him but again i feel its because we chose not to use the big fellas rather than them going missing.

This is the downside of wingers and cetres trying to get more involved in the game an an inexpeerienced hooker not willing to back himself and do what he knows is right, rather give in to peer pressure and get those ****ers out of the way. On the third or the 4th. His looping pass accross the posts 10m out is the worse thing i have ever seen him do. He will be better next week for it though, thats for sure

had a quick look at hit up metres

King is averaging 101 so wasnt too far below par, kite is averaging 90 so was well below par, They were almost the same before that match.

Considering they were down probably 40% on the performacnes over the first 6 rounds - I would say they went missing.

Kite is the test front rower & vice captain and King is the City prop forward. Surely they wouldn't be getting overlooked by the players for hit ups in preference to wingers & centres??? Could it be more the case they were not in a position to take the hit ups ie having a bludge in the background, unlike previous games when they were putting their hands up/demanding the ball?

Sometimes maybe but i saw them there and ready quite a few times when ballin either didnt push the centre/winger off the dummy half or passed it wide again. The passing it wide on multiple occasions says to me they had no chance unless they start playing really wide. I would struggle to think that kite was that much off his game.

Nth QLD's smothering defence beat us. As soon as Kite / King - or like Fluffy said the centres / Wingers got the ball, they were being tackled. This meant Ballin had to rush his play, which also meant that as the forwards weren't going forward - Orford had little time. I shudder to think of what it would have been like if they had O'Donnell and Webb in their team.

I hope that's a one off, and we aren't vulnerable to fast defensive lines.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4