8 points in defence...WOW!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

easystreet

Reserve Grader
When was the last time we gave up less than 10 points in a game,it must have been years ago because i cant remember.
The 2nd half defence was like the glory days of the mid 90s.The ball was constantly in our quarter,and we constantly held them out,only giving up 2 tries in the corner.
It will even tougher next week against an angry StGeorge,but after todays effort,im confident we can do it again.

I know hey...

I'd go as far to say we have the best defence in the game right now!!

It was near unbreakable!!

as you say 2 tries right in the corner... that was awesome considering we were down to 12 had no ball and whatever ball the warriors had was in our 20m - 30m zone

Yep. Everything went against us in the second half (cough Russel cough) but we didn't look like giving up many points ever.

I loved how the camera zoomed in on his face after every decision that touchie made and the commentators went off saying how guilty he looked :lol:

21 august 1999 18 - 2 against souths was the last time

12 - 6 against parra earlier that year the time previous

Over the past four weeks I'd say we've been the best defensive side in the competition. Whilst North Queensland are more impressive in terms of points conceded their ability to retain possession and their attacking prowess means that defense is easier for them and they don't have to as much of it.

Having said that though Cronulla were impressive in defense early season last year but still dropped off. As long as we don't get complacent I'll be happy.

Whilst the 2nd half today was a great effort in defense it still doesn't top our 2nd half against North Queensland.

we put ourselves in that position - we dropped too much ball and gave away 10 penalties in the second half

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4