70 minutes ok - 10 shockers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Again - patches of 10 minutes every game and I'm include the wins, where Manly are a shambles
I honestly don't think Brisbane beat many teams based on that performance and were there for the taking
Frustrating to hit 12 - 12 with ALL the momentum and cop 2 bludgers calls, but no excuse, we got what we deserved again
Paseka should have got a penalty when held and ref called held, then ball clearly dislodged and the Paolo thing was terrible, but he gave the chance for the ref to blow it with stupidity
But again, the damage was done that opening 10 minutes and if we hit the sheds level, come home with 2 points
But this team does not play 80 minutes and sooo annoying week after week dishing up this Jekyll/hide stuff, drives fans mad

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Again - patches of 10 minutes every game and I'm include the wins, where Manly are a shambles
I honestly don't think Brisbane beat many teams based on that performance and were there for the taking
Frustrating to hit 12 - 12 with ALL the momentum and cop 2 bludgers calls, but no excuse, we got what we deserved again
Paseka should have got a penalty and the Paolo thing was terrible, but he gave the chance for the ref to blow it with stupidity
But again, the damage was done that opening 10 minutes and if we hit the sheds level, come home with 2 points
But this team does not play 80 minutes and sooo annoying week after week dishing up this Jekyll/hide stuff, drives fans mad
Sorry that was another 80 minutes of failure from us
But enjoy the one point loss

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It was a more resilient performance, they were on the back foot for the first 20 minutes and started to grind it out.

Liked Bully and Duck in the middle, nothing special but their leg speed in defence kept them in the game.

Lodge and Alioia look pedestrian at times with the speed of the game to much for them.

Need a decent left edge backrower, Ben T he ain’t a backrower yet for me, does better at centre.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I still can't believe we didn't challenge that call. There is no way that should not have gone our way.
I was in shock at the time and why not seen by the officials or challenged is more mysterious than the Bermuda Triangle Ron E Gibbs ...

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
H

Aloiais no star but Matt Lodge makes him look like a world beater. Paseka is our best by so far it's not funny.
I must say… yes, Paseka has been our best by far (excluding Brown’s cameos), and yet he has the presence of a wet lettuce leaf. It’s a pity he is not a natural leader, because that would sky rocket this team. Problem is that our leaders are pathetic and ineffectual.

Look at the grit of that Canberra side. All the excuses to get run over with 2 men down. They played tough. If only Manly could muster that kind of care factor ever. manly have zero fight. They need things to go their way and play pretty. Have no trouble following a struggling side but this particular team is really hard to watch and even harder to care about.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Look at the grit of that Canberra side. All the excuses to get run over with 2 men down. They played tough. If only Manly could muster that kind of care factor ever. manly have zero fight. They need things to go their way and play pretty. Have no trouble following a struggling side but this particular team is really hard to watch and even harder to care about.
Turbo getting run over at the line against the rookie, Talagi, in that Parra game sums up our team this year for me.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Talking it up pre re season means nothing when we continually under achieve. There is no excuse for losing to St George, Canberra, the Dolphins and now Brisbane. Paseka’s lack of discipline last night was so dumb and Garrick’s lack of defence in the centres bleeds points. We won’t make the 8 and don’t deserve to.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
This Club has lost it’s WINNING MENTALITY for many years now , but this year has been most frustrating because we led in every game by large margins (except the Dragons game) and then somehow lost.

Eels > lost 28-24 (4 points)
Dragons > lost 20-12 (8 points)
Raiders > lost 26-24 (2 points)
Dolphins > lost 30-24 (6 points)
Broncos > lost 13-12 (1 point )

Total Average lost per game is only 4.2 points !

WE HAVE LOST 10 COMPETITION POINTS (if you take the lost 1 point v Warriors it is 11).

WE SHOULD BE ON 22 POINTS ON TOP OF THE TABLE and still the bye to come.

THESE STATS ON THE FIELD INDICATE A LACK OF LEADERSHIP, GAME MANAGEMENT, TRUST IN EACH OTHER, FITNESS, LACK OF CHARACTER UNDER ADVERSITY, POOR DEFENSIVE READS ETC ETC, ESPECIALLY BY OUR SENIOR PLAYERS

VERY POOR OFF THE FIELD MANAGEMENT BY THE COACHING STAFF, AND INABILITY TO GET THE PLAYERS MIND SET FIXED WHEN UNDER PRESSURE

I have tried to support the Seibold & DCE era for the last season and a half. But after 5 games lost this year repeating the SAME mistakes, and no changes in the team character you really have to question whether we bring in a successful outside performance coach to CHANGE THE MENTALITY OF THE CLUB AND TEAM, because Seibold and DCE have failed very badly to get the message across ( maybe we need a hypnotist 🙏 to get the message across…..)

GET IT FIXED !

End of rant !!!!

HoldenV8

Journey Man
First up, I think 70 minutes is being generous. I'd say more like 60 at best.

They showed more ticker than they have in recent times, but the finishing polish and game awareness by the veterans, the team leaders ... was sorely lacking. From Garrick's boneheaded kick after a wonderful break on the 2nd tackle, to DCE just standing there while Haumole gets the ball and takes a nothing hit up with 10 seconds left in the game and we're down by a point.

And despite over 530 first grade games and multiple awards between them, our two halves showed that without Turbo, our attack dies.

The main positive I can come up with on the night was that from the moment Paseka got binned, we did stop their momentum until the field goal. Until Paseka got binned it looked like being another runaway Brisbane win on that ground (and if Walsh and/or Reynolds had been playing, it might well have been). That's at least the ticker we showed.

Our stability and direction is noticeably weaker with no Croker. DCE has rolled the dice too many times this year when we have been out in front,and started a backwash from opposition teams to come over the top. Brilliant he may be, but grinding out 2 points just is not part of his DNA.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14