• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cliffhanger

Reserve Grader
Tell me how any team is suppose to win a game of rugby league when the opposition had the ball in their hands for over 51 minutes in an 80 minutes game?

We never had a chance to get into the game tonight, just defending and defending all nite. Plus having to play week in week out since round 17 leaves very little in the tank and it showed tonite.

Tell me if i'm wrong but that 64/36 stat is the most skewed in any NRL game this year.

brought it on themselves. check the completions and unforced errors and you'll see why the possession was so skewed. was very reminiscent of the northern beagles days.

cliffhanger said:
Tell me how any team is suppose to win a game of rugby league when the opposition had the ball in their hands for over 51 minutes in an 80 minutes game?

you're not!
thats why holding the ball is important

That sounds about right. With all the dropped ball that figure is to be expected. Wonder what our completion rate was.

I didn't get to see it until the 60th minute or so thankfully. The live updater didn't have much work to do, just put up Manly Knock On! every five minutes.

I remember looking at exotic bet options before last night, and one of the things you can bet on is a teams completion rate. I remember the longest priced option was completions < 60% (something like $9.00 or so) and I chuckled to myself and thought "who would bet on that in a preliminary finals game ?". Bloody hell, little did I know that was our night summed up there and then.

16/29 is atrocious. You couldn't even win a Group 16 game with stats like that.

Halftime 12-6 but those two SOFT back to back penalties in the Storm's opening sets at beginning to 2nd half were the killer of any comeback.

One for a supposed lifting tackle where the Storm player dived to the ground & one for Lussick supposedly having his hand on the ball.

Throw in the one where Manly scrum held the ball in the scrum to draw the Storm backs offside which they did but the referee refused to penalise & then Gifty dropped the ball trying to pick it up at back of the scrum. No wonder Lyon went off his nut at the referees.

Meanwhile every time Slater got tackled he held down tacklers & wriggled about like a fish out of water to be gifted penalty after penalty.

Manly & Souths were both played off the park by Storm but it's because the Storm don't play rugby league but some other crap game that involves getting the advantage over tacklers & markers at the play & getting gifted penalties. It all builds momentum.

It's a rubbish form of rugby league. Real football teams like Souths & Manly are what I want to see. Not Storm and Dogs wrestle mania & obliging referees.

With the refs not policing the 10-metres (ditto the match with the Berries) we had to win the battle of the ruck, but failed miserably. I can understand that being a tough assignment against the Berries, who have a very good pack, but we should have been able to dominate the Storm forwards.
Apart from Joe our forwards were disappointing. Certainly a few of them look tired and possibly past their best, but a young 'un like Lussick really disappointed this season. He was needed to enthuse the others. He won't be missed, nor that other young bloke who grabbed the money and ran harder than he ever did for us this season.

Manly & Souths were both played off the park by Storm but it's because the Storm don't play rugby league but some other crap game that involves getting the advantage over tacklers & markers at the play & getting gifted penalties. It all builds momentum.

It's a rubbish form of rugby league. Real football teams like Souths & Manly are what I want to see. Not Storm and Dogs wrestle mania & obliging referees.

Well said. Totally agree. The storm are a sham team dreamt up over a long corporate lunch as part of a news limited strategic marketing plan and imposed like a carbuncle on the ass of the NRL.

That they then went on to fundamentally change rugby league into a game of percentages, ruck domination and crab like one dimensional structures just adds insult to injury. Despite all their success they muster almost no interest in their city and will probably fold once Bellamy and the big three leave.

The grand final will be a typical Storm occasion - a whole lot of opposition fans, no storm fans, a lousy atmosphere and probably another premiership for a city that doesnt give a **** and holds the NRL in contempt.

Having Checchin there didn't help. The guy just never gives us an even break. That penalty on Darcy for hand on the ball was a deadset joke, that happens 100+ times a game. The Storm rarely play the ball on the mark, moving forward or sideways to isolate markers and get them out of position, they scored two tries off the back of it last night and the refs turn a blind eye to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4