6 Again .. each teams numbers ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Any feedback as to whether any of these 6 agains resulted in a momentum turnaround? @;)

only once got the Cane in front of the whole class ...
Was the norm for us.
Loved your story... should have made you a class hero!

Times were certainly different in those days. On occasions it was akin to child abuse.
Definitely momentum gains with the girls. :cool: @:D

My Dad said that his teacher kept the cane on the windowsill so Dad would ask to go to the washroom.

He's so old that in those days the toilet was the outhouse type (hole in the ground) so he would go outside, steal the cane off the windowsill out through the open window, and then throw it away into the toilet hole.

It seemed like I got the cane daily...it was probably every second day. My 2 year stint at Narrabeen academy of fine young gentleman was a blur of reacting to bullies and getting punished for it...over and over. Principal Griggs was a sadistic old bastard and seemed to take great pleasure in meting it out. Unfortunately I followed him to the opening of Cromer High and our acquaintance continued unabated. The worst was maths head Jack Casey who appeared to take great pleasure inflicting as much pain as possible and had the knack of getting 4 fingers on the tips...4 or 6 times. It was all pointless really trying to chastise a kid that topped the tackle count just about every week playing RL.

Like Eagleron, I was misunderstood.

The Knack

Corporal punishment is such a great way to teach people, I don't know why Des doesn't just carry a cane and whack a few of our guys at half time.

At St Dom's, a daily homework check ensured that public strappings were a regular occurrence. All the lads would open their books while the teacher inspected whether they had completed the task. Only a letter from the parents would be deemed a valid excuse, and it was always the best part of the lesson, listening to the various excuses.

One strike on each hand was the general rule back then for failing to do one's homework. Sometimes ten kids were standing in front of the class, warming their palms on the back of their pants.

My best memory regarding the strap occurred after a pre-arranged mass brawl with St Paul's Grammar was stopped by the Brothers in 1984. An informer had given them a heads up, and they appeared at the event like gunsmoke, taking down each student's name before instructing us to report to the office. Everyone discussed how many strikes would be administered, waiting for the first kid to reappear from Brother Lynch's office. Four was the magic number that morning, quickly communicated down the line, snaking back a good fifty metres.

Do the donkies crowd boo fafita for backflipping?
No idea, I haven't watched a Donkeys/Titans game since he made the move. But Fafita didn't turn his back on Qld by joining the Tits.

In QLD eyes, DCE abandoned all of Qld by staying at a (superior) NSW club. On top of that he wasn't the level of Thurston, Cronk, Smith or Slater at origin-level (i mean...who is) and worst of all he sounds like an educated, latte-sipping Sydney-sider when he talks - not some Bogan from Logan Aussie-battler-come-good. Probably..

No idea, I haven't watched a Donkeys/Titans game since he made the move. But Fafita didn't turn his back on Qld by joining the Tits.

In QLD eyes, DCE abandoned all of Qld by staying at a (superior) NSW club. On top of that he wasn't the level of Thurston, Cronk, Smith or Slater at origin-level (i mean...who is) and worst of all he sounds like an educated, latte-sipping Sydney-sider when he talks - not some Bogan from Logan Aussie-battler-come-good. Probably..

I think DCE is at the level of those players identified, but he has the disadvantage of playing for a Qld side that has far less talent than the stars across the field like QLD had. If he was playing in those teams, he'd fit that level easily. Easy to look good when there are stars all around you. Just ask Cleary

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6