$50m plan to revamp Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
THIS is the $50 million dream that could turn the NRL's worst suburban ground into a stunning showpiece for grand finalists Manly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/m-plan-to-revamp-brookvale-oval/story-e6frexnr-1226155236514

Looks alright imo

Yes. And personal computers and mobile phones were pipedreams less than 40 years ago. Until we put concrete and detailed plans to Government, what have they got to accept/reject?

haven't we heard this before?? This must be the last time surely!! Penn, if it gets canned, get out of Brookie for good!! These architects must love us!

I reckon it's a goer. We've been ignored for funding for a long time for well-documented reasons, but many years ago we did get funding and for a time Brookie rated as a first class Sydney ground.

For the same reasons that it happened back then it will happen again now. It's time, and winning this afternoon will give the push for funding a little extra impetus.

I don't know about you guys - and I'll be in the minority here - I think our ground is great with all its faults and decaying pieces of infrastructure. Don't get me wrong, there are always 'touch ups' and upgrades that need to be done... but what makes Brookvale superior to other places is that it is not nice, it is not comfortable (for most) and its dreaded by opposition players and fans. A fancy-nancy stadium - nah - Brookvale is the symbol of why we are hated and left out alone from the rest of the world. Brookvale, as a decrepit home, only makes us stronger. ;^)

I'm with you skin. We already have the best ground in the comp. That picture is a piece of arse.

I love brookie, but Duff, Skin I love the Eagles more, and if we don't get 9000 seats undercover at brookie somewhere we are not going to be able to survive and keep playing there.

If I had my way the magic money fairy would wave her wand, we would be able to play at brookie forever (Without changing a thing) and the beer would be free. It is not so, unfortunately.

So in essence I am more then willing to give this a go, all in the hope of seeing more people at brookie, more season ticket holders and more chance of the eagles making a profit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4