• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol.. NSW will win every game big if the same team plays and also Turbo had his hands on half of NSW points tonight. Great game from him and thanks for winning me some cash.. 🦅

Turbo was awesome, along with many of his teammates.
There is a danger in going the 'early crow' when playing SOO.
I recall a series when Andrew Fifita tore the Queenslanders to pieces in Game 1 and we all assumed it would be a similar story in games 2 and 3.
Queensland kept Fifita quiet in the remaining matches and won the series.

As a Scot, I enjoy a dour struggle .. but I will take watching open football and tries like Turbo's last night over the abominable wrestleathon and eventual barge over from 2 metres out that we have been force feed over the past years ...

Surely that is just one of the most common scorelines in modern Rugba League. Along with 40-12, 46- 6 and a few others.
Not too many games are still contests by the second half.

Surely that is just one of the most common scorelines in modern Rugba League. Along with 40-12, 46- 6 and a few others.
Not too many games are still contests by the second half.
But the ref did try, there was a point in the first half when Queensland had 6 sets in a row , 3 set restarts and a penalty on that period.

I've heard a lot of people criticising Qld after last night, in particular Munster and DCE. But lets be real ... Queensland went into the game without arguably their number 1 front rower in Josh Papalii and then lost Christian Welch after just 12 minutes. For all intents and purposes, that left Qld with basically no front row. The Blues pack gave Cleary, Luai, Turbo and Latrell all the room in the world to do their thing, and do it they did. The Maroons pack was completely dominated and even having the likes of Lewis, Langer, Cronk, Lockyer or Thurston wouldn't have helped.

NSW right now is where Qld were in 2007 ... on the verge of a long period of domination and like the Maroons back then, its being led by a crop of younger players who could well be Blues for the best part of the next decade.

All things being equal, I can't see many, if any really, unforced changes to the Blues for game 2.

Queensland however need changes. Papalii will come into the front row. Ponga will probably be back which will push Holmes to the wing with either Coates (who had a shocker last night) or Feldt being dropped. Brimson will probably come in and play centre with Capewell going back to the forwards or the bench. And they'll probably bring Ben Hunt in as the bench utility.

Provided there are no injuries or further suspensions, I can see Qld lining up this way for Game 2.....

Ponga, Feldt (Coates), Brimson, Gagai, Holmes, Munster, Cherry-Evans, Papalii, Grant, Welch, Capewell, Kaufusi, Fa'asuamaleaui. Bench - Hunt, Su'a, Arrow, Collins.

1623300143925.png

All things being equal, I can't see many, if any really, unforced changes to the Blues for game 2.

Queensland however need changes. Papalii will come into the front row. Ponga will probably be back which will push Holmes to the wing with either Coates (who had a shocker last night) or Feldt being dropped. Brimson will probably come in and play centre with Capewell going back to the forwards or the bench. And they'll probably bring Ben Hunt in as the bench utility.

Provided there are no injuries or further suspensions, I can see Qld lining up this way for Game 2.....

Ponga, Feldt (Coates), Brimson, Gagai, Holmes, Munster, Cherry-Evans, Papalii, Grant, Welch, Capewell, Kaufusi, Fa'asuamaleaui. Bench - Hunt, Su'a, Arrow, Collins.
Agreed but Gus Crichton will be hard to leave out and he is a Freddy favourite.

NSW need Tommy more than Manly does.
Since his debut, if Tommy plays NSW are at 80 odd % win

If not, less than 20%

Wighton being dropped wouldn't go astray IMO. He's been terrible this year and did nothing last night. Papenhuyzen or Api would be a better use of the bench spot IMO.

Wighton being dropped wouldn't go astray IMO. He's been terrible this year and did nothing last night. Papenhuyzen or Api would be a better use of the bench spot IMO.
Schuster instead of Wighton 🦅

Agreed but Gus Crichton will be hard to leave out and he is a Freddy favourite.

While I do agree, injuries or suspensions aside can you really see Fittler changing the team that won 50-6?? I wouldn't if I was the coach. I'd want the same 17.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4