• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
If Witt is not the answer at 5/8 who is?

Not only do we have the prospect of a semi appearance (albeit very brief, if at all) this lingering problem will not go away.

What do we do?

Not much left on the market, not much cash. Is there anyone who can be developed for the role?

The radio report on Sunday arvo said that our attack was one dimensional and that noone outside Monaghan offered any spark at all in attack! (that and Kennedy's offloads!)

Not being able to catch or pass doesn't seem to have been a pre-requisite for Monaghan.

Alberts is trying to catch Monaghan passes by the way.

Andrew Walker might come back? Mullane would be good entertainment for a day or two.

Burns deserves a run, can kick goals as well.

When he played at hooker, his defence was adequate, he has a lot more attacking spark than witt and a good short kicking game - where monas faulters. He is best suited to strenthen where monas falls short.

Put Witt back in there, we were winning games with him at the start of the season. Hopefully he may play better with another go.

whitt is ordinary, but it seems we have weakened the foward pack by playing Beaver/Harris/Willow out of position ?

For 2006 Travis Burns, for the remainder of the year Witt.

He is a least an option to MM for kicking, his goal kicking yesterday was 100%. With Willo kicking you just pray & hope, some he gets some he misses. The shots he missed yesterday were awful, they never even threatened the goal posts.

If we are to beat Cronulla (and that is a big if) we will need to take advantage of every available point, we just can't rely on Willo for that.

In regards to 5/8- did Willo get much game time or was it more likely a case that he was never going to play there anyway (as in Sam Harris the previous week)

i would rather play saints at WIN than the uggbooted surfies at toyota and the lime paddlepops at canberra in 0 degree temperatures.imagine the dents in the back fence with monaghan kicking an ICY ball.the ball boys will need knee guards.we should seriously forfeit both games and concentrate on the warriors .it must be 25 years since we have won at uggsville and our record in the capital is almost as abysmal.

For God's (aka Mr. Clifford Lyons) sake get Witt back at 5/8... Des says he is part of Manly's future plans so why is he (apart from Donald) the only player being punished by being dropped... I think he (unlike MM) has potential and will improve next to Orford next season... his goal kicking is up there with the best in the comp and his defence early on in the season was very good. He's had his stint in the lower grades and either deserves another chance before the end of the season or just release him....

I have to give Fluffy credit. He was the first on here to seriously criticise Witt and point out where he was hindering our backline. The fact is his form fell off severely and he was dropped. He needs to deliver in PL and I trust Des to bring him back when his confidence has returned.

Witt delivered yesterday, he wasn't great but he & Burns led a team down by 18 at half time to a great victory. He also kicked every goal, admittedly most were relativley easy but in the context of the game they were all important and kicked in front of an ever growing hostile crowd.

Lets not forget the kick that Willo missed on half time against the Cowboys, it was adjacent to the posts and in my opinion effectivley cost us the match.

His goal kicking has been missed, however travis burns is a good goal kicker that offers a lot more in attack and is satisfactory in defence for a 5/8. Give the kid a proper chance, we have too many half backs come 5/8ths next year, we need to see who is worth continuing with and who to let go in order to bring another through. For mine i would be on the look out for a young 5/8 to learn from orford for the next 4 years, then with some experience to partner Groom when orfords contract is up. Groom is something special to watch and i really hope for football that he continues his rise uninjured.

Do yourself a favour and watch him in Flegg - the kid could be anything

Hmm, can't comment on Groom, very rarely get the game early enough to see the Jersey Flegg, guess my true supporter status may come under question with that comment.

I feel that Witt should be given another chance in 1st grade. With Monnas currently calling the shots in attack , we are very predictable & and an easy target for opposing teams to defend against us.

Sue's abovementioned coment is 100% correct . The way we are currently playing , we have very little hope of winning away ( Shark Park & Canberra ). The match we need to fire up for is Saturday week at barricade Brookvale against the Warriors. If we drop all 3 games , we provide an opportunity for either the Roo$ter$ or the Cheatin' Dogs to take our semi final position. It's hard for me to understand how Manly have remained in the top 8 all season . Are we the Steven Bradbury's of the NRL ??

I'm still hopeful of finishing either 6th or 7th . My ideal semi final would be away to Parramatta . Much better than travelling to Brisbane , The Gong or FNQ .

Time will tell !!

His goal kicking has been missed, however travis burns is a good goal kicker that offers a lot more in attack and is satisfactory in defence for a 5/8. Give the kid a proper chance, we have too many half backs come 5/8ths next year, we need to see who is worth continuing with and who to let go in order to bring another through. For mine i would be on the look out for a young 5/8 to learn from orford for the next 4 years, then with some experience to partner Groom when orfords contract is up. Groom is something special to watch and i really hope for football that he continues his rise uninjured.

Do yourself a favour and watch him in Flegg - the kid could be anything

I've seen him two weeks in a row now, only the second halves of both though. Against Wests he looked really, really good. Unfortunately against the Knights he was very quiet.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4