5/8 nnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i cant believe that people out there think monaghan will go to 5/8..the sides who are lucky enough to have 2 good playmakers usually play them on iether side of the ruck and interschanging at first receiver.the only thing i want to see monaghan receive if he plays 5/8 is his qantas boarding pass.

he is not a playmaker and we dont need him poking his beak in where it is not wanted.orford's style is to play with depth and handle in 4 of the 6 sets at first receiver anyway.

rightly or wrongly witt at 20 will be given the chance to develop.monaghan will go to 9 or england.if monaghan concentrates on his defence and good service from dummy half and gets the mistakes out of his game we may have a team to match it with the top guns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are looking at now, not what will happen in a few years if Witt developes. As it stands monas offers more in attack than witt.

I think if witt continues on his current for he may struggle to make the team next year, we need him to start improving again very soon.

fluffy

like you i am not sold on witt iether.i just think that is the way the club will lean.monaghans best attributes suit him being a good defensive hooker who can help out with the long kicking game and some occasional variety around the ruck area.

I dont disagree that monas would make a good hooker.

Of all of the hooker attributes, Witt has a most of them covered as well. We will know in 2 weeks the majority of their plans anyway with Chad and Dunners off contract - Matt Ballin in PL is a viable option as well if Witt doesnt improve. Was hooker in the same Junior aussie team as alberts, simms, creagh etc. Im just worried that his last 6 weeks have been his worst at the club, when now is about the time that he should be getting settled and finding his feet. At the moment Monas offers far more in attack than Witt, with plenty of line breaks - a key to all good 5/8's.

One good thing to think about is we are discussing reasonable options, not struggling to find 1 solution like last year.

Just for a chuckle someone on another unamed forum suggest we should give Witt a little time, let him reach 100 games. Only another 3 years and a bit to see if he is going ok.

Agreed Fluffy. Orford (hopefully) and Monas both threaten the defence giving multiple options, at half & 5/8th. I'd like to see if Witt can make a go of hooker. It just could be his position.

Im sorry candy, did you say " Monas both threaten the defence giving multiple options"???????

By that i'm asuming you mean monas has the multiple option of passing to his left... or his right.

flip he said orford and monas give multiple options as opposed to orford and witt which would give just 1, orford.

Im sorry candy, did you say \" Monas both threaten the defence giving multiple options\"???????

By that i'm asuming you mean monas has the multiple option of passing to his left... or his right.

only chance of that happening is if Monaghs starts yelling threats at them while on thye field! :lol:

Im sorry candy, did you say \" Monas both threaten the defence giving multiple options\"???????

You are forgetting the pirouette.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4