5/8 next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Looks like Burns will be out, either injured on on an enforced holiday.

Many are dead against the idea of Monaghan at 5/8, so what option would people take

I would take Monaghan, i suppose the other option would be Lyon, with Bradley coming into the centres or Hicks moving in opening up a slot for Meaney, or Matai maybe being fit to play

I guess if Matai is fit then he can come in and Lyon will go to 5/8. If not like you say KE I would go with Monaghan. Could that then open up a bench spot for everyones favourite..... Dunley?? :wall:

If Matai isn't right, monas should for to 5/8. Otherwise lyon should play it.

Burns injury is the biggest concern. I think his tackle was bad enough to warrant a penalty. But not a suspension. It was unfortunate but he has deliberately tried to stop him landing on his head, and it payed off. I don't think he'll be suspended but the injury may be a problem.

Although im banking all that on deliberate head butts after full time only get 1 week.

i wouldnt be suprised to see lyon get a run with matai or bani coming into the side

id be quite happy to see either lyon or monas get the gig as neither have had much time there to date

I would leave Lyon right where he is. His defensive work in the 'Wall of Brookvale' is very good.

Monas could do worse than play 5/8 as Ballin will do the job at hooker.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Monaghan
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Luke Williamson
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Glenn Hall

If Burns is out next week, and neither Matai or Menzies have returned, I'd like to see Monaghan in the 6 with Ballin in the 9 and Halden back on the bench to cover. If Matai returns, it's likely we'll see Lyon in the 6 (as much as I hope he isn't). If Menzies returns, put him straight in and put Willow in the #14 instead of Halden.

I was under the impression that the judiciary penalises 'dangerous tackles' not tackles that get into a dangerous position at some point and end safetly.

The player that Burns tackled landed on his lower back and almost on his bum. I fail to see how that is dangerous at all.

Burns won't be judisherized for that tackle.
It wasn't even on report. If he's injured, Monas to 5/8, Ballin in and Haldon on the bench. Mataqi to PL. Menzies a desk job at headquarters, Dunley to Super League..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4