5/8 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If DCE was playing like his pay packet it wouldn't matter who played 5/8. DCE is meant to be roaming either side of the ruck and Walker can simply play as a running 5/8, instead DCE has posted himself on the right and Walker has posted himself on the left and the mythical attack spoken about it the pre-season is just that; a myth.

I wouldn't mind seeing us use Hynes or Wright as both Foran and DCE were once unknown commodities given a chance and we ended up winning a premiership with them. If the coaching is right then the rest will take care of itself...there is enough talent out there these days, it just needs to be discovered and nurtured.

If DCE was playing like his pay packet it wouldn't matter who played 5/8. DCE is meant to be roaming either side of the ruck and Walker can simply play as a running 5/8, instead DCE has posted himself on the right and Walker has posted himself on the left and the mythical attack spoken about it the pre-season is just that; a myth.

I wouldn't mind seeing us use Hynes or Wright as both Foran and DCE were once unknown commodities given a chance and we ended up winning a premiership with them. If the coaching is right then the rest will take care of itself...there is enough talent out there these days, it just needs to be discovered and nurtured.
No point roaming around if your forward pack is at best just matching some teams and not matching in others---until we punch holes and bend the line regularly you can roam around all you want and look like a disorganized mess.

For 2017 this would be my team
Manly 2017
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Hynes(gk)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence/Meehan
17.Vave

Backups:
Fullback-
Wing-Wright/Lavaka
Centre-Ramien/Parker
Halves-John/Wright/Cust
Hooker-Koroisau/Godinet/Pratt
Prop-Lussick/Starling/Armstrong/Meehan
Second row-Bainbridge/Buhrer/Walker/Kelly
Lock-Leary/Cox

That's my team if we sign no body, but I expect bozo to pull out a nice big contract from Jamie's retirement and sign an international forward as he promised, it could be anyone from Tamou, Klemmer, Moa, Gillet.

And also expect us to sign some more back ups especially young backs. I'd like us to look at Tautau Moga from the Cowboys. He has had an injury interrupted career but is a quality prospect.

Last edited:
No point roaming around if your forward pack is at best just matching some teams and not matching in others---until we punch holes and bend the line regularly you can roam around all you want and look like a disorganized mess.
Or you post yourself on one side of field and still look like a disorganised mess?

The guy is really struggling there is no doubt. He is completely turning his back on the basics and trying way too hard when he should just keep it simple. Manly have had ball in the opposition 20 and he has come up with a duck egg time and time again. This idea that we have to punch holes all the time for the halves to do something is rubbish...maybe to consistently win games and be effective for the duration of a match, yes, but when the opportunities do present (as they do in most games of football), he comes up with rubbish.

This talk of DCE sounds familiar...... Am I wrong or did Barrett come out in the off season stating that he had given DCE free range to roam both sides of the field , like JT....... Got a funny feeling he's going to be given a lesson this weekend from the real deal.

This talk of DCE sounds familiar...... Am I wrong or did Barrett come out in the off season stating that he had given DCE free range to roam both sides of the field , like JT....... Got a funny feeling he's going to be given a lesson this weekend from the real deal.
We need all we can get form DCE this weekend but like you I'm afraid jt will give him a masterclass on how to earn a salary

Mate I wouldn't even bother he is certain to re sign with cows
Must be Milf's brother Barry....old Bazza Milf who plays for the Cows @;). I'd take Anthony from the Donkeys though...

Coote just re-signed for 2x500k till 2018.
He must be a simpleton in the valuations of talent :confused:

Norman would be a 600k player at most @:cool:
Norman is probably basing what he feels he is worth on what Foran is getting. Norman is the dominant one of the two but Foran is on the 1.2 mil a season(double what I would imagine what Norman is on).

I've read all these posts and I still don't know what is so important about the 5th August 2017 that is has it's own thread!
While the dates for Round 22 haven't been announced yet, our game against the Eels is every chance of being on Friday August 5. On this day we will win, assuring a place in the top 4, while destroying any chance Parramatta had of making the top 8.

Certainly worthy of it's own thread IMO

For 2017 this would be my team
Manly 2017
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Hynes(gk)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence/Meehan
17.Vave

Backups:
Fullback-
Wing-Wright/Lavaka
Centre-Ramien/Parker
Halves-John/Wright/Cust
Hooker-Koroisau/Godinet/Pratt
Prop-Lussick/Starling/Armstrong/Meehan
Second row-Bainbridge/Buhrer/Walker/Kelly
Lock-Leary/Cox

That's my team if we sign no body, but I expect bozo to pull out a nice big contract from Jamie's retirement and sign an international forward as he promised, it could be anyone from Tamou, Klemmer, Moa, Gillet.

And also expect us to sign some more back ups especially young backs. I'd like us to look at Tautau Moga from the Cowboys. He has had an injury interrupted career but is a quality prospect.

Look forward to seeing your 3 versions of the team lineup today.

Walker was always chosen as a running 5/8 & once adds more options to his game will become far more dangerous...needs to encourage more option runners inside & out....also make more support runs off some of the big forwards as in , hitting Kapow early & getting around him for that short offload at speed.
Here's a wacky option that came to mind....talented footballer Tyrone Peachey is a brilliant creative player...is he a 5/8 option??
Have always thought so & at Penrith who so often lack attacking options outside of Moylan & Cartright, reckon he would add plenty.
Apparently on the nose at Penrith but thing is, though an underrated old school footballer, have enough lightweight players at Manly....unless of course....at 5/8....where I personally feel Walker will have a win, but with centre options looking bare down the track...just a thought as Peachey is a better option than many names have heard thrown around at far bigger prices...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2